Coaching Mistake

dennydunk

Reaction score
I think a coaching mistake made two years ago is having negative effects on todays team. That mistake was having Hof play the point when we lost 10 out of 11 games. This caused our leading scorer to play out of position and really affected his game. Tubby instead should have had Mav play the point as a freshman, we probably would not have lost 10 out of 11 with Hof at the 2 and Mav at the 1.

That decision really affects today in that Mav did not get that 11 games of experience at the point. He would be a lot further along with his development today if he had. We could have him at the 1 and Dre at the 2 more often this year and not have any drop off in play. Overall out team today would be much better because we would have many better options. Denny

I think a coaching mistake made two years ago is having negative effects on todays team. That mistake was having Hof play the point when we lost 10 out of 11 games. This caused our leading scorer to play out of position and really affected his game. Tubby instead should have had Mav play the point as a freshman, we probably would not have lost 10 out of 11 with Hof at the 2 and Mav at the 1.

That decision really affects today in that Mav did not get that 11 games of experience at the point. He would be a lot further along with his development today if he had. We could have him at the 1 and Dre at the 2 more often this year and not have any drop off in play. Overall out team today would be much better because we would have many better options. Denny

You could give Mav 20 years experience and it won't make up for his lack of athleticism to comepete at this level. He just isn't quick enough. That's what you get when you win a recruiting battle with Cal-Davis and San Luis Obispo.

I highly doubt it.

I didn't like that decision at the time either. I felt like while Hoffarber was a better PG than Mav, Mav at PG and Hoff at SG was a better combo that Hoff at PG and whatever the heck else we did with the lineup.

Top Bottom