USC in 2009-10

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Know it's a big "if" with Gibson, DeRozan, Hackett, etc., but if USC doesn't lose anyone to the draft, I think the Trojans are a team we could see in the Final Four next season. Was very impressed with the Trojans at the Dome. Physical, talented, poised, athletic, "tough." Just didn't have quite the depth Izzo had at his disposal. If those guys return next season, I'd expect them to be the Pac 10's best next season, even ahead of UCLA.

Ugh, why does this come with a thumbs up? Floyd is dirty.

The thumb? Because I enjoyed watching USC play.

Why obsess and moan (copyright everyone's favorite poster from So. Minny) and waste time worrying about who's dirty and who's not dirty? We (the U of M) were as dirty as they come 10 years ago. D-I football & men's basketball have a lot of filth and an underlying seedy element. We're all smart enough to understand that. If I chose to spend all my time worrying about who's dirty & who's not, what enjoyment would I get out of college hoops?

None.

Agreed

USC looked very good, and likely underachieved this year based on talent level. I chose them in my "draft pool" and as a 10 seed they scored a number of points with their one win.

I was particularly impressed with Lewis, #21. He was not flashy, but strong and solid with a nice shot that never looked forced to me. They were a more disciplined team than I would have expected as well.

I doubt they all return, though.

NateDawg: you said, "Floyd is dirty." Allow me please. The best team I ever had as a High School Boys' BB Coach was called "dirty" by all of our opponents because we beat all of their butts with intense, hard nosed Basketball. We guarded with one hand in their jocks and would trip them with both feet. That is how intense things are. Did we get called alot? Yes!!!
Did we get away with alot??? YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea and they got the 2best players from LA coming in next year to they will definitely be a sweet16 team next year.

NateDawg: you said, "Floyd is dirty." Allow me please. The best team I ever had as a High School Boys' BB Coach was called "dirty" by all of our opponents because we beat all of their butts with intense, hard nosed Basketball. We guarded with one hand in their jocks and would trip them with both feet. That is how intense things are. Did we get called alot? Yes!!!
Did we get away with alot??? YES!!!!!!!!!!!

"Dirty" means Floyd (allegedly) cheats to get players.

Thanks for setting me straight, FOT. Anything to support that accusation?

They got the #6class in the nation this year to go along with those guys who played well in the tourney this year.

I doubt every one stays at USC. They are becoming a one and done it school like OSU or Texas-they would be the best example of one and done schools. But if they all were still there next year you can count on them to be there when the bracket is released.

I was talking to somebody from USC today and they expect two will leave. They have more recruits than scholarships available and unlike Minnesota they don't have the walk-ons to pull scholarships from.

USC was athletic but they seemed to lack outside shooting.

They got the #6 class so what if they loose 2guys

Top Bottom