Georgetown hands Louisville 3rd straight loss

And Cincy's had a 3 game home losing streak already this season.

Shaka Smart's got a 2 game losing streak going now. lol

Kansas St's now lost 2 in a row.

These things happen. And the thing is, did those teams play 75% of the games of their losing streaks on the ROAD, and the 25% at home vs the soon to be #1 ranked team in the country!?!

And Cincy's had a 3 game home losing streak already this season.

Shaka Smart's got a 2 game losing streak going now. lol

Kansas St's now lost 2 in a row.

These things happen. And the thing is, did those teams play 75% of the games of their losing streaks on the ROAD, and the 25% at home vs the soon to be #1 ranked team in the country!?!

All teams mentioned have a far better recent history, we've waited 6 years for our guy to prove his worth.

Take out Cincy's Sweet 16 season, and they look WORSE than the Gophers since Tubby got here.

Take out Shaka's Final Four season and will his career look all that special?! He almost didn't get VCU into the tourney that year. We'll honestly just have to sit back and wait and find out if Shaka's the incredible coach some Gopher fans think he is. I'm not willing to say one way or the other after only 3 years as a head coach.

Minnesota's sucked for a very long time. And you are using that as evidence as to why Tubby struggling is inexcusable?!

Two best Gopher Big Ten season's of the last 30 years are

10-6 & 11-7. Just winning 7 of our next 11 would rank this Tubby team THIRD BEST in 30 years.

8 of the next 11 would put this Tubby team SECOND BEST in 30 years. And just getting to the 2nd round would rank it THIRD BEST in 30 years, getting to the Sweet 16 would tie it for SECOND BEST in 30 years.

Take out Cincy's Sweet 16 season, and they look WORSE than the Gophers since Tubby got here.

Take out Shaka's Final Four season and will his career look all that special?! He almost didn't get VCU into the tourney that year. We'll honestly just have to sit back and wait and find out if Shaka's the incredible coach some Gopher fans think he is. I'm not willing to say one way or the other after only 3 years as a head coach.

Minnesota's sucked for a very long time. And you are using that as evidence as to why Tubby struggling is inexcusable?!

10-6 & 11-7. Just winning 7 of our next 11 would rank this Tubby team THIRD BEST in 30 years.

8 of the next 11 would put this Tubby team SECOND BEST in 30 years. And just getting to the 2nd round would rank it THIRD BEST in 30 years, getting to the Sweet 16 would tie it for SECOND BEST in 30 years.
How many ways are you going to spin inexcusable results, the Badgers have had a worse record over those 30 years, thus Wisconsin should be a NIT/NCAA 1st round team. Tubby is in his 6th year, if this is what you expected the results to be I've got nothing for you.

Yes, ignore all of their best seasons, and then they look comparable to Tubby's time at MN.

I fail to understand what good it does rooting for Shaka Smith to fail. What VCU does is irrelevant to what's going on here.

Rick Pitino has a 3-game losing streak at Louisville. They should fire his ass.

Kentucky is not ranked in the top 25, they should fire Calipari's ass.

Michigan State lost at Indiana today, they should fire Izzo's ass.

Firing the Coach cures everything.

+1

My original reason for this post is to point out that really good teams with really good coaches almost always go through slumps. This is college basketball, after all.

The warts on the team you follow are readily apparent, whereas we tend to dismiss similar deficiencies with other teams. You should hear my wife, a UNC alumnae, talking about the Tarheels. And not just this year.

+1

My original reason for this post is to point out that really good teams with really good coaches almost always go through slumps. This is college basketball, after all.

The warts on the team you follow are readily apparent, whereas we tend to dismiss similar deficiencies with other teams. You should hear my wife, a UNC alumnae, talking about the Tarheels. And not just this year.

Roy won two National Championships, Tubby has delivered nothing here. The gripping is fully justified.

Wait Tubbys responsible for injuries? Didn't know he broke Al's foot and tore Trevor's ACL!

It's called depth. To ever rely on Trevor would've been a foolish bet both injurywise and in terms of off court issues.

It's called depth. To ever rely on Trevor would've been a foolish bet both injurywise and in terms of off court issues.

So if Trey Burke, Oladipo, or Thomas go down and their team struggles afterwards, it's because of lack of depth? We're not talking about your average role players here. If one of your best players gets hurt, every team in the country is going to not be as good.

Are you serious? Duke is struggling without their 4th/5th best player. How do you think it would be without Plumlee?

Are you serious? Duke is struggling without their 4th/5th best player. How do you think it would be without Plumlee?

So the excuses for Tubby can continue ad infinitum? When if ever can he be evaluated a failure?

So the excuses for Tubby can continue ad infinitum? When if ever can he be evaluated a failure?

If everyone stays healthy (hasn't completely been the case so far) and we severely underachieve this year then you can consider this year a failure and have an understandable request for a coaching change.

Top Bottom