Does Tubs come back no matter what?

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
What do people think will happen if MN misses the NCAA's this year? Does Tubs get the boot if they do not make the tourney? IMO he might as well be gone, with 6 years under the belt...curious to what the 'holers think...

What do people think will happen if MN misses the NCAA's this year? Does Tubs get the boot if they do not make the tourney? IMO he might as well be gone, with 6 years under the belt...curious to what the 'holers think...

I would be very surprised if he was let go due to the buy out.

My god, do we really have to start with these threads already? How about we wait and see how we do next week with Nebraska and Iowa at home. Conference play has barely begun, we could still finish towards the top of the conference. The second half of the season is more generous than what we have had to face so far.

BadgerGopherMan, I find it interesting that you would prefer to start Fire Tubby threads instead of discussing the Badgers at Buckyville. Do you just enjoy trolling that much?

And just out of curiosity, why are you a fan of both teams. Do you have degrees from each each school or something?

Well... I hope the students will stop bowing to him before the game if we miss the tournament at the very least. Honestly, I don't think they realize how stupid it makes them look.

Exactly how many losses were to teams we simply shouldn't have lost to? One? Yeah, let's start talking about not making the tournament already. Genius.

Exactly how many losses were to teams we simply shouldn't have lost to? One? Yeah, let's start talking about not making the tournament already. Genius.

Gophers have lost twice as a favorite in the Big Ten and have yet to record an upset victory. I think it's highly unlikely the team misses the tournament, but the better question is what happens if the Gophers go 10-8/9-9? That's not good enough IMHO, especially when you consider that it's highly unlikely for next years team to post a winning Big Ten record.

They are right on the bubble as far as the NCAA tournament is concerned, a loss to Nebraska or a home loss to Iowa or Illinois and they probably don't make it. Lots of ways to be NIT bound again and not much room for error to get in the NCAA.

They are right on the bubble as far as the NCAA tournament is concerned, a loss to Nebraska or a home loss to Iowa or Illinois and they probably don't make it. Lots of ways to be NIT bound again and not much room for error to get in the NCAA.

Damn, what color is the sky in you world? On the bubble? Seriously? Prior to the loss at Northwestern Lunardi had them at 11. That will certainly drop. The Wisconsin loss will not be terrible by any stretch of the imagination as Wisconsin will surely move into the top 25 tomorrow. Are there ways to be NIT bound? of course but on the bubble? Lol.

Damn, what color is the sky in you world? On the bubble? Seriously? Prior to the loss at Northwestern Lunardi had them at 11. That will certainly drop. The Wisconsin loss will not be terrible by any stretch of the imagination as Wisconsin will surely move into the top 25 tomorrow. Are there ways to be NIT bound? of course but on the bubble? Lol.

I think a losing conference record at the end of the year has us on the bubble. Right now we have a losing conference record. If we continue winning B1G games at the rate we have so far, we are squarely on the bubble.

I think a losing conference record at the end of the year has us on the bubble. Right now we have a losing conference record. If we continue winning B1G games at the rate we have so far, we are squarely on the bubble.

We have played the hardest portion of our conference schedule. We won't have to play Michigan again, we won't have to play @Indiana, we won't have to play @Wisconsin, and we won't even have to go on the road @Illinois which has been a hard place for us to play in the past. We also haven't played Nebraska, Penn State or Purdue yet and while they aren't automatic gimmes they also aren't Michigan, Indiana, or Wisconsin.

You should get a new screen name, you give actual Gopher fans a bad name.

We have played the hardest portion of our conference schedule. We won't have to play Michigan again, we won't have to play @Indiana, we won't have to play @Wisconsin, and we won't even have to go on the road @Illinois which has been a hard place for us to play in the past. We also haven't played Nebraska, Penn State or Purdue yet and while they aren't automatic gimmes they also aren't Michigan, Indiana, or Wisconsin.

You should get a new screen name, you give actual Gopher fans a bad name.

Sorry to tarnish the good name with my moniker.

All I was trying to do was make the point that we have to win conference games at a higher rate than we have, and the current pace puts us in a scary spot. And the NU game has shaken my faith in this team to capitalize on the gimmes.

They are not on the bubble (yet). And they have, thus far, lost only one game that I think would qualify as truly an upset. You want to count at home against top 5 teams an upset? I would disagree strongly. You want to count losing at Wisconsin as an upset? That's closer, but I don't think so. I would've put that as a loss before the year, for certain.

Gophers will make the Tourney and Tubby will be our coach next year. Too much overreacting.

@ Madtown I am not suggesting they do not make the tourney, I think they will. Simply asking what the bottom line is the team needs to reach for him to retain support from the Admin. I am not suggesting they fire Tubs.

As I have reposonded to you in multiple other threads, I thought MN was (and still is) a better team the the Badgers, just not shown it for the past few weeks. I predicted 10-8 and a NCAA berth...and still think that is the ballpark they end up in.

Isn't the AD still paying Monson and Brewster (and Mason? not sure on all these buyouts)? I can't see them taking on another buyout.

Isn't the AD still paying Monson and Brewster (and Mason? not sure on all these buyouts)? I can't see them taking on another buyout.

Still paying for all three. I believe they are paying to the U general fund from which they borrowed. I think I heard at the rate of 500 k per yr for 3 or 4 more years. I find it hard to believe they will add another 2.5 mill to that.

Gophers have lost twice as a favorite in the Big Ten and have yet to record an upset victory. I think it's highly unlikely the team misses the tournament, but the better question is what happens if the Gophers go 10-8/9-9? That's not good enough IMHO, especially when you consider that it's highly unlikely for next years team to post a winning Big Ten record.

Why would we consider that when it's not true?

@ Madtown I am not suggesting they do not make the tourney, I think they will. Simply asking what the bottom line is the team needs to reach for him to retain support from the Admin. I am not suggesting they fire Tubs.

As I have reposonded to you in multiple other threads, I thought MN was (and still is) a better team the the Badgers, just not shown it for the past few weeks. I predicted 10-8 and a NCAA berth...and still think that is the ballpark they end up in.

I wasn't even arguing that Minnesota is better than Wisconsin, at the moment that probably isn't true. Why are you a fan of both teams though? I'm especially curious since I grew up a (casual) Wisconsin fan since I am from Madison, but had no problem converting to a Gopher fan when I became a Minnesota freshman in 2004. I always find it interesting how someone can cheer for both teams in rivalry. I could never do that.

First year watching college basketball?

Top Bottom