Austin's awful missed dunk

Stan

Reaction score
He's probably our most fundamentally sound player and he picked a bad time to add a bit extra showboating. Ugh.

Cost the Gophers 2 points they needed and probably messed with his head as well.

He is another one of the Gopher " head cases " along with Rodney, Coleman, and Oto.

I know when some posters get critical, one of the token responses is "I'd like to see you coach better" or "I'd like to see you play better". On that play, I bet there are a good handful of Gopher holers who actually could have scored from that spot on the floor.

I hope he goes for the slam again next time he has the opportunity.

We are ahead by two under two minutes and are shooting free throws - missing those during crunch time lost the game!

Guessing it was more of a frustration dunk than a showboating dunk. Either way, it seemed uncharacteristic.

I hope he goes for the slam again next time he has the opportunity.

Definitely. If he had laid it up and it rolled off the rim, you'd be telling him to dunk the dang thing.

Definitely. If he had laid it up and it rolled off the rim, you'd be telling him to dunk the dang thing.

Layup, dunk, I don't care. The problem was that he was alone with the hoop, the ball did not go down, and we lost by 1.

We are ahead by two under two minutes and are shooting free throws - missing those during crunch time lost the game!

We missed a shot with 19:13 to go in the first half. THAT cost us the game just as much.

That's fine, but I don't think the decision to dunk was wrong in itself.

No, but the decision to try and slam it home as hard as he could was.

Just get it over the front of the rim and force it down.

No, but the decision to try and slam it home as hard as he could was.

Just get it over the front of the rim and force it down.

He does virtually that exact same dunk almost every time on a breakaway, why would he go and try to do something different then? He just missed the dunk, I really think people are over-analyzing it.

I also think Marshall being right there near the basket messed him up more than anything, he got right up under that rim.

Top Bottom