How many more wins get us in the tourney (Calling Selection Sunday)?

balds

Reaction score
I think if we go 6-5 in the final 11 we are in for sure (21-10 before BTT). If we go 5-6 (20-11 before BTT) it will get very interesting. 4-7 (19-12) I think we will need a win or two in the BTT. Regardless of how we finish our SOS will be very good. But our wins vs. RPI top 50 needs some work. FSU and USC stink, bad. Hopefully Memphis blazes through the horrid C-USA. At this point I'm hoping for a 6 seed. I can see this team taking down an 11 and 3 seed.

Care to chime in Selection Sunday?

6 more (21-10, 9-9) we are in. 8-10 = buy tums.

Poor SS. For once it looked like we'd give him a resume-examination-free March, but it looks like we'll be sweating it out a bit as usual. Thankfully we have the best in the business writing for GopherHole!

Marcus said he thinks 9-9 would definitely get us in. I'd have to imagine it would as well, we had a better non-conference than most teams.

The RPI is going to be very high even with a 9-9 Big Ten record. Looks like it could wind up being 20-25 even.

The RPI is dumb and the tournament committee doesn't have to use it, but they will consider it more than they should and therefore the Gophers should be in fine shape at 9-9.

With how good the team looked earlier this year and how much talent they have, I'm going to be pretty upset if we are only 9-9. We need a winning season. Neither our basketball or football team has had a winning conference season since the 04-05 bball team. I did a little looking around, no one else in the Big 10 has anywhere near that kind of drought in both sports.

With how good the team looked earlier this year and how much talent they have, I'm going to be pretty upset if we are only 9-9. We need a winning season. Neither our basketball or football team has had a winning conference season since the 04-05 bball team. I did a little looking around, no one else in the Big 10 has anywhere near that kind of drought in both sports.

Wow, just wow.

I think if we go 6-5 in the final 11 we are in for sure (21-10 before BTT). If we go 5-6 (20-11 before BTT) it will get very interesting. 4-7 (19-12) I think we will need a win or two in the BTT. Regardless of how we finish our SOS will be very good. But our wins vs. RPI top 50 needs some work. FSU and USC stink, bad. Hopefully Memphis blazes through the horrid C-USA. At this point I'm hoping for a 6 seed. I can see this team taking down an 11 and 3 seed.

Care to chime in Selection Sunday?

Perhaps the better question is should 6th or 7th place justify an invite? I say no.

Is this the time of year when I start pointing out that there have to be 68 teams in the tournament even if the last 10 at large teams aren't any good?

Which is exactly why you extend the football coach before he has even won a game and you extend the basketball coach after five years of sub .500 league play and constant whining.

It makes perfect sense.

That stat is incredible. So sad.

That stat is incredible. So sad.

Sad, and why does the AD accept this? Why do fans? Tubby needs to be put out to pasture, it's his time. His best days are so long ago. I remember when Tubby was in his second year this board had constant fears that he might be leaving for another school. As the 09 season closed out I knew that we would never see those threads again.

It really doesn't matter much at this point. This team isn't going to do jack squat playing like this anyway. Really depressing having this conversation again and to think about where we were just 2 weeks ago. This is turning into an unprecedented collapse even for Tubby.

But we do have the second half of the Big 10 schedule to look forward to where Tubby has gone 14-31 in the second half of the Big 10 schedule (not counting Big 10 tourney)'. A .310 winning %.

9-9 and we'll be safe. Wouldn't chance going any lower than that.

Stan, I'm still holding out hope it's a stress-free Selection Sunday, assuming Trevor's wrist injury isn't anything serious. Let's win these next two home games and go from there.

Beat Nebraska.

Top Bottom