Why no Mav in 2nd half?

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Mav looked good in the first half (six points in six minutes) and we had huge issues with scoring. Seems to me, Given that Wisconsin is not athletic, Mav or Welch should have got a few minutes in the second half.

Dre Hollins was the only O in the second half.

I would guess it was a matter of trust. Mav has been a turnover machine of late and in the 2nd half of a game that looked like every possession was going to be important Tubby might not have trusted him.

If Mav plays too much, people bitch. If Mav doesn't play enough, people bitch. Life's a bitch, then ya marry one.

If Mav plays too much, people bitch. If Mav doesn't play enough, people bitch. Life's a bitch, then ya marry one.

So Don, any opinion or just going to stay with your standard complaining about other posters?

Your opinion is people here b!tch too much. I learned that 10 000 posts ago. Looking forward to the next 10 000.

PS Not sure why that merited name-calling.

Your opinion is people here b!tch too much. I learned that 10 000 posts ago. Looking forward to the next 10 000.

If you are going to let "dogbreath" hurt your feelings, you are on the wrong message board.

Winni...it's not name calling. It's the truth. You have dogbreath. :)

Winni...it's not name calling. It's the truth. You have dogbreath. :)

Actually in all seriousness, my wife complained about my breath about an hour ago. I am getting worried that Moorhead is a cover story and I may be living with Don. My wife is always losing wallets at Walmart as well.

Actually in all seriousness, my wife complained about my breath about an hour ago. I am getting worried that Moorhead is a cover story and I may be living with Don. My wife is always losing wallets at Walmart as well.

Now you are developing my kind of sense of humor. Have fun, and let's laugh a lot.

In addition, be glad your wife is losing wallets a WalMart, and not stealing them. Right?

I also thought Mav and Welch would play at least a little in the second half. Somebody other than Hollins had to at least pose the threat of an outside shot. With the performance of Austin, Joe, and Rodney, today was the perfect time to try something else (and most fans would have been just fine with it).

In my view Mav has earned more playing time. I'd like to see him at off guard on the floor with Dre. He moves well without the ball, comes off screens well and can hit the catch-and-shoot jumper. And he can handle the ball alright (although not consistent about it).

Tubby stays with defense, Austin had a terrible offensive game but plays good defense, unfortanately it doesn't produce wins, he's done that all six years he's been here, I'm starting to think he will never have a winning B1G conference record at Minnesota.

If you are going to let "dogbreath" hurt your feelings, you are on the wrong message board.

Hell, I've been called worse than that many times, yet I continue to post my drivel.:cheer:

Maverick actually played a good game, why would you want to let the law of large numbers ruin that by giving him more playing time?

Seriously
If you can have a below average player give you something positive, that is a good thing...but it should never be a reason to play him until he starts playing terrible (Because he will eventually). Tubby's rotation was GOOD yesterday.

Maverick is the worst player that gets playing time. Lets be happy he had a good game. Lets not give him 20 minutes and let him ruin his good 5.

I also thought Mav and Welch would play at least a little in the second half. Somebody other than Hollins had to at least pose the threat of an outside shot. With the performance of Austin, Joe, and Rodney, today was the perfect time to try something else (and most fans would have been just fine with it).

I'd rather see something different and new. Memphis, LA and Boston in trade talks. Outside the box thinking. But really shake it up a bit. We are like apple cider in the fridge and all the good bits are at the bottom right now. Give it a stir, what's it going to hurt, as was said, "fans would have been fine with it."

Is it just me or can no one besides Dre put the ball on the floor and create a good shot? It seems as if Coleman and Rodney are unable to take it to the basket without charging into the second defender. It makes me crazy that college players cannot learn a jump stop in the lane and shoot a 6' floater.

Top Bottom