Post game notes from Tubby, Trevor, Rodney and Dre - not much to say after WI loss...

GopherLady

Reaction score
As a side note, the players and Tubby seemed more delfated and quiet than they have after any other loss, after racking up their 4th loss in a row.

Here are my rough notes that I took as they were talking.

Trevor Mbakwe:

Jackson was taking some big shots, figured it would be him or Evans (on the last shot)

(On taking the last FT, he was in a lot of pain) I could have wrapped it up, but I couldn't do it.

(On motivating Rodney in this slump) Telling Rodney we believe in him, he's a great player.

(If he's going to miss a game for his wrist) I'm not going to miss any games for this.

Andre Hollins

Austin didn't make shots today, we need to learn how to put the ball in the basket. Overall we did a good job defensively.

Questioning the jump ball that was supposed to be ours

It was a tough loss

It's just the little things, we played well on D, we have to get those offensive rebounds, we're a really good team. Need to correct minor things.

I should have just gotten a shot up. It sucks to not have a shot attempt, and they come down and play

We had confidence in our leader.

Rodney Williams

Once Trevor was hurt, I knew they'd send me to the ft line

Tonight, we didn't get rebounds that we needed. We took care of the ball better.

(on losing confidence after a 4 game losing streak) I think we're all confident in each other, we won 15 games coming into it, I don't know, things haven't been going I our way, can't put our finger on it.

(on the loses building on one another) It builds up a Little it, can't worry about those losses.

Just stay positive, we can't have any negativity, we know how good we are and what we're capable of.

Tubby Smith:
• We charged twice, we turned it over twice, that answers that question. I wouldn't expect Trevor or Andre to charge.
• Lack of discipline, we jumped out of the way, a mistake. That's how you get beat, the mistakes that we've been making, that's a recipe for losing.
• Trevor hurt his wrist yesterday or the day before, but he played all day, I'll talk with our trainer after the game. It was just a bruise the other day.
• 1-10 and 0-6, 2 rebounds, with Rodney and Austin. Rodney is one of the most talented players I've ever coach, he's been in a funk for a few games. Austin is probably still in a funk from fouling out against NU. It's a matter of getting a good win, that would solve some of that.
• We've had 3 chances to bring it, we had a good shot today, and against NU, we haven't stepped up to the plate. Perhaps not pushing the right buttons. It becomes a state of mind. It's a different group, a different team.
• He can get to the offensive boards, he got 4 boards, I'd like to see him be more active defensively. Today we played him in multiple positions. I don't know. We've tried to run plays for him, throw the ball to him, but you've got to want it, you've got to want it bad. You've got to demand the ball and produce.
• Wanted to do a bigger line-up, getting hammered on the boards, so put Elliott in, took Joe out, moved Rodney to the 3
• We didn't get much balanced scoring, Andre has been carrying us. We need to find more scoring.

Top Bottom