Hollins Time in Madison

Reaction score
Dre Hollins has a tremenous athletic advantage today against WI's defenders. Will he exploit it unlike his game against NW?

With uncharacteristic wild shots, careless ballhandling and what appeared to be lack of nerve, Dre's 'off night' appeared contagious in Evanston. All the guards, with the possible exception of Welch, appeared to panic out there.

So against another clock draining squad in Madison, Dre needs to infectiously attack; look for his shot, penetrate, dish to the wings and Trevor, open up the game, set the tempo.

You don't beat a slow it down team by standing around.

This remains a very winable game if Dre returns to form.

Dre Hollins has a tremenous athletic advantage today against WI's defenders. Will he exploit it unlike his game against NW?

With uncharacteristic wild shots, careless ballhandling and what appeared to be lack of nerve, Dre's 'off night' appeared contagious in Evanston. All the guards, with the possible exception of Welch, appeared to panic out there.

So against another clock draining squad in Madison, Dre needs to infectiously attack; look for his shot, penetrate, dish to the wings and Trevor, open up the game, set the tempo.

I sure hope they try to do the trap press they tend to do when they fall behind. I think it would speed the game up and create TO's. The token full court man to man doesn't really do much..

I sure hope they try to do the trap press they tend to do when they fall behind. I think it would speed the game up and create TO's. The token full court man to man doesn't really do much..

Au contraire

It often leads to foul on a Gopher, otherwise a free path to the basket for the opponent.

Agree with all the above!!! We certainly need to throw a monkey wrench into the tempo of Wis. Trap pressing, show different defenses, stay up tempo with crisp passing, drive and dish off to the wings, swing the ball around and get the ball inside as much as possible. Cry Havoc and Let loose dogs of war.

Please pass the Kool-Aid!

Dre has a shooting advantage over most he plays...but his ball handling skills, or lack there of, make it impossible for him to take advantage. I wouldn't expect Dre to do much today. Bo will have his guys up in Dre's face and he's not good enuf to drive past them.

All I can say is, yes, that's the issue my man. That's what makes basketball fun to watch.

Top Bottom