Gophers' basketball reserves running low on impact--AMELIA RAYNO

"I think [the bench] is still our strength. We just have to use them more." -Tubby Smith.

"I think [the bench] is still our strength. We just have to use them more." -Tubby Smith.

What did you want him to say, Our bench stinks and we aren't going to use them? That would inspire a lot of confidence.

He isn't afraid to rip his starters so I don't think this is some PR response. I think he really believes it.

Tubby may be indicating that the bench getting fewer and fewer minutes is making them play more and more nervously or scared to make mistakes. The Mav quote in the article makes me think that Mav believes that anyway. It seems to me the bench has been playing less in the Big Ten because they are playing poorly. I hope the team can get back to playing together and having fun but maybe only winning brings that.

Say what you will about the bench in previous Big 10 games, but EE and Ingram put some valuable minutes out on the court today. Hell, even Ahanmisi was not a turnover machine in his short spurt in the 1st half.

agreed

Say what you will about the bench in previous Big 10 games, but EE and Ingram put some valuable minutes out on the court today. Hell, even Ahanmisi was not a turnover machine in his short spurt in the 1st half.

Some coaches don't start the most talented 5. Although all coaches play the most talented 5 the most minutes. A westbrook type off the bench would be nice.

I wouldn't be happier if Tubby started some bench players with Trevor and Dre to send a message that we expect more out of Austin, Coleman, and especially Rodney.

Top Bottom