Q&A: Big Man Brock Bertram: I think that it would be cool to play close to home.

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Freshman Big Man Brock Bertram: I think that it would be cool to play close to home.
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/217155?referrer_id=388419

Brock Bertram, a 6-foot-10 freshman center from Apple Valley (MN) High, has already established himself as one of the top big men in the state, despite his age. Bertam is averaging 10.1 points and 8.4 rebounds per game as he has helped lead the Eagles to a top ranking in Class AAAA. Bertram attended Minnesota game versus Michigan State and talked to Gopher Hole about his freshman campaign and early recruitment.

Gopher Hole: How pleased are you with how well you are playing as a team? You have been without Tyus Jones the past three plus games and you have stepped up your play and the team is playing extremely well right now.

Brock Bertram: I am very pleased with our team. We have shown that we can play without Tyus and we are a good team without him and we are a good team with him.

Gopher Hole: Have you gotten a chance to go to many college games yet?

Brock Bertram: No. This is my first one and it is pretty cool.

Gopher Hole: I know that it is pretty early in terms of your recruitment, but what schools are you starting to get letters from?

Brock Bertram: I just recently got a letter from Kansas. I’ve gotten some from Wisconsin, Iowa, Creighton, Minnesota and California-Berkeley.

Gopher Hole: You have made great strides in your game from last year to this year. What things have you been really trying to work on to improve yourself as a player?

Brock Bertram: I have been trying to work on getting stronger. Finishing. More moves and just being an all-around better basketball player.

Gopher Hole: I know that it is still so early being a freshman, but have you thought about what would be the main things that would make you pick School A over School B or C?

Brock Bertram: I would just see how they play all-around, like if they give the ball to their bigs and how they use their bigs in college. That is what I really look for.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought about close to home or far away? Or have you thought that far?

Brock Bertram: I think that it would be cool to play close to home. Everyone would know you and love you.

Gopher Hole: Are you originally from Minnesota? Where you born here?

Brock Bertram: I am from Minnesota.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to play for the instate school?

Brock Bertram: It would be good. I would be very loved. It would just be very good.

Gopher Hole: You played on the Minnesota Pump N Run 15’s last year. Are you going to play on the 15’s again this season?

Brock Bertram: I think that I am going to stay down with my 15’s.

Gopher Hole: Have you played any other sports in the past?

Brock Bertram: I played football and baseball. I played football last year and I played baseball in third year for AAU.

Gopher Hole: Do you think it helps you to just concentrate on the one sport since with your size and strength that is your ticket to a college scholarship?

Brock Bertram: Yes.

Top Bottom