Reaction score
@ Wisconsin
vs. Nebraska
vs. Iowa
@ MSU
vs. Illinois
vs. Wisconsin
@Iowa

I think if we start to figure a couple things out (turnovers), we have a great shot at winning the next 7. Obviously the one at Michigan State is going to be tough, but we always seem to keep it close with MSU on the road and they haven't been blowing everyone out at home this year. At Wisconsin on Saturday is the only other one that I am particularly worried about, but the rest should be winnable. Winning games in the B1G is never a given though, so we would still need to show up and play well. Assuming we don't have another game like NW, we should go 5-2 which would put us at 8-5 in the conference.

I am glad to see someone with some optimism about this team. I am honestly not sure what to think right now, all the negativity has me doubting. Good thing its not my belief in a higher power or the faithfulness of my wife that I'm doubting, lol. But I guess I'm just going to remain in the dark for now and just wait and see what happens and hope that you are right.

I am glad to see someone with some optimism about this team. I am honestly not sure what to think right now, all the negativity has me doubting. Good thing its not my belief in a higher power or the faithfulness of my wife that I'm doubting, lol. But I guess I'm just going to remain in the dark for now and just wait and see what happens and hope that you are right.

Everyone is so negative, but we still have an RPI of 9. If I asked anyone at the beginning of the year how they would feel about this RPI or the ranking we have, I'm sure they would be thrilled. Lots of games left, and we only have 3 more games vs teams that are currently ranked.

4 and 3 would not be a surprise over this 7 game stretch.

After last nights performance the next 7 games all make me nervous, especially the 3 road games. I would be very happy with 5-2 through this stretch! Every BIG game is definitely winnable on any given night this year!

I can't see us dropping any of the home games, I also see us losing at Sparty so best case 6-1 winning at Iowa and Wiscky, worse case drop all three road games go 4-3. I think will go 6-1, gotta good feeling about saturday

I can't see us dropping any of the home games, I also see us losing at Sparty so best case 6-1 winning at Iowa and Wiscky, worse case drop all three road games go 4-3. I think will go 6-1, gotta good feeling about saturday

I agree, we play our game and 6-1 is possible. Even at MSU is winnable, they haven't been as strong as most years at home.

Does someone have a stone etching of the last time we won in the Breslin Center? I don't know what that looks like. Other than that I see no reason we can't go at least 5-2.

We've already proven this year that we CAN win all seven of these. We've also proven now that something like 3-4 isn't out of the realm of possibility given last Wednesday's letdown. If I were to put bank on the line, I'd probably say they grab the home games and steal one of the road ones, which would be 5-2, which wouldn't keep us in the title race, but would keep us in the top 4 seed race. With the turnovers being as high as they are though, they're gonna allow teams that they should take care of to hang around, and like @NU, you can get burnt when you're playing with fire like that.

The next 7

Can't believe I'm even talking about this in terms of "securing a NCAA bid" -- no way on earth should it come down to that -- but if the Gophers want some margin for error down the stretch (last 5 games), it needs to be no worse than 4-3. That would get them to 7-6, and I'd feel pretty comfortable about getting 2 wins in a final 5 that includes Penn State, @ Nebraska, and @ Purdue.

I'll say the Gophers go 4-3 in this stretch, winning one that pleasantly surprises us (@ Wisconsin or @ Sparty) and losing one at home we're not supposed to (Iowa or Wisconsin). I just don't see us sweeping Iowa and Wisconsin, and I would have said that before the Northwestern debacle.

Can't believe I'm even talking about this in terms of "securing a NCAA bid" -- no way on earth should it come down to that -- but if the Gophers want some margin for error down the stretch (last 5 games), it needs to be no worse than 4-3. That would get them to 7-6, and I'd feel pretty comfortable about getting 2 wins in a final 5 that includes Penn State, @ Nebraska, and @ Purdue.

I'll say the Gophers go 4-3 in this stretch, winning one that pleasantly surprises us (@ Wisconsin or @ Sparty) and losing one at home we're not supposed to (Iowa or Wisconsin). I just don't see us sweeping Iowa and Wisconsin, and I would have said that before the Northwestern debacle.

Given the situation on Saturday a win at Wisconsin might be the more surprsing of the two.

Michigan St is 12-0 at home.

Yes they are, but they typically blow everyone out when at home. This year it seems like nearly every team they play has a chance for an upset. Atmosphere just doesn't seem the same to me this year. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom