Assist / Turnover Ratio and a FT Rant

spermophilus

Reaction score
Our Gophers' y-t-d assist/turnover ratio in the B1G is . . . 0.989. Yep, not even > 1.00. Unless this gets addressed/fixed, we'll be playing in our annual #7/#10 (not sure which one) slot on the Thursday of the B1G tourney.

As to free throws . . . take away Austin's 3 in a row after getting fouled beyond the arc in the half and we shot 4 of 14, or a sizzling 28.6%. There is no excuse for this. None. As we all learned in that famous movie, the basket is 10 feet high, and the FT line is standard for everybody, too. Hell, I had limited skills/abilities, and although I started for 2 years in high school, I shot 75% from the stripe, and felt I should have done better. Perhaps, it was because the 1st drill we did at the start of practice, and the last one we did at the end, was FTs. If we didn't make 4 of 5, or "x" amount in a row, we would run, and then come back and do it again until we did, or would repeat the drill. I cannot for the LIFE of me, understand why we are so poor in this phase of the game - KNOWING that many B1G games are decided by 5 or fewer points. It is mind numbing . . . .

I agree - the highlight of the NW game was Austin's 3 free throws in a row!!! Trevor missed the front end of 3 one and ones!!!

Top Bottom