Media coverage???

book

Reaction score
Other than complaing about the worst game ever.... why can't 1500 Radio delay their broadcast to coincide with TV coverage... I have to turn off the radio and listen to the TV guys... and then they drive me nuts with interviews and feature stuff during the game! Give me play by play not the other stuff!!!

why can't 1500 Radio delay their broadcast to coincide with TV coverage...
Which broadcast? DirecTV, Dish Network, Comcast are probably all slightly different in terms of delay. I would love it if every radio broadcast in town was in synch with my TV, but it isn't feasible.

DirectTV 5 seconds before the TV action

I have one Charter HD/DVR box and one Charter digital box. They are 3-5 seconds different and not always in the same order.

They days watching TV and listening to radio simultaneously are long gone.

Yeah, I had the same thing. Comast HD box in the living room and Comcast digital in the bedroom. The digital box was 5 seconds ahead.

Back in the old days I used to listen to the radio too while watching the games, but unfortunately like station19 said those days are long gone. One thing radio could do in theory, is delay their broadcast something like 30 seconds. That would give time for the varying delay of TV broadcasts to catch up, and then for those who can pause live TV, you could pause the game until it lines up with the radio broadcast. I do realize there is about a 0% chance someone in radio would actually consider doing this.

I called 1500 an they said it was nearly impossible to link it together but if they were 5 seconds late than TV - I could record the TV and start 5 seconds later but its the other way around.

If you use the Tune In App to listen to 1500 it is delayed, and behind the DirecTV broadcast. Then you can pause your TV and sync them up.

If you use the Tune In App to listen to 1500 it is delayed, and behind the DirecTV broadcast. Then you can pause your TV and sync them up.

Exactly, same thing if you listen to the radio webcast on the 1500 live stream. It is BEHIND the TV, so if you have a DVR, listen to the radio feed on line, then pause the DVR until the action is synced.

I love hearing that Minnesota turned over the ball a few seconds early...it gives me a chance to hide my eyes...

I blame it all on modern technology and the use of satellites and Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton and those damned drones flying all over the world intercepting communications.

I listen to http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/minnesota.portal# while watching on firstrow, and I know ahead of time what I am gonna see.

Damnation to North Korea for all of our communications problems.

Top Bottom