Northwestern apparently purchased our old scoreboard

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet and picture from Spencer:

@STollackson50: This is scoreboard that used to hang in Williams Arena. Wonder what we sold it for

NUScoreboard.jpg

Go Gophers!!

per this tweet and picture from Spencer:

@STollackson50: This is scoreboard that used to hang in Williams Arena. Wonder what we sold it for

View attachment 1923

Go Gophers!!

Who does this? The good news is...they're a lot further away from a practice facility than we are at least, lol!

they're a lot further away from a practice facility than we are at least, lol!

Northwestern has a basketball facility. It is a very modest one, but they have a separate gym, locker room, film room, and basketball offices.

That thing was horrible. Can't believe we pawned it off on someone, much less a fellow Big Ten school.

Someone get on Twitter and correct Spencer.

That is NOT the scorecube that used to hang in the center of Williams Arena. The one at Welsh-Ryan has been there for a very long time. Below is a picture of the board from before they re-did the floor down there 3 or 4 years ago. The cube is the same.

welsh-ryan-450x293.jpg

I wonder if it can still kill the crowd with endless Subway and Kiss Cam promotions?

I wonder if it can still kill the crowd with endless Subway and Kiss Cam promotions?

I don't think their scorecube has a video board. Think the older-style dot matrix display in the center.

I don't think that is the old Williams Arena scoreboard. A google search produced this image from the Williams scoreboard:
l.jpg

That does not match up with Spencer's tweeted photo, does it?

I don't think that is the old Williams Arena scoreboard. A google search produced this image from the Williams scoreboard:
View attachment 1926

That does not match up with Spencer's tweeted photo, does it?

Classic Spencer, played in that arena how many times and cannot even realize the board was there before we switched....

Put me in the group that thinks Spencer may be mistaken. Can we get a second source on his claim?

That's not ours. This is ours:

800px-Williams_arena_ct.JPG

Notice the angles in the corners?

And it's not the one we had before that one either:

Williams%20Arena%20by%20Terrence%20Fogarty%20CUstom%20Framed%20Malabar%20Large121194949.jpg

I guess I read his tweet as a joke, but now I'm not sure haha

I like the new scoreboard and ribbon, I do not miss the old one in any way. Thanks to Maturi, that was a good move.

LOL

Heard it was always high......yeah, I know, kind of cheesy.

I heard it left campus after it stole a pair of jeans from the MOA and was being harassed by the U of M PD.

Top Bottom