Why are we such a better second half team

DeathClutch

Reaction score
then first half team? For the most part, in every big ten game we've played alot better in second halves of games. Tubby seems to be alot better making in game adjustments then coming into a game with a good plan. Lets hear some theories about why we seem to start out so sluggishly.

edit:I looked up the numbers and we are -21 in first halves of games and +54 in second halves of big ten games.

We get in trouble with turnovers and transition defense. We get behind, we ramp the defense up with a 2-1-2 trap. When we play straight man to man at the start we seem to not call out the switches very well. Then Tubby goes to a 2-3 matchup and sometimes we're slow on the cover.
To me, it is a focus thing. And why it takes 20 minutes to get everyone on the same wave length is
beyond me. Our on the ball defense is pretty good especially when we have our thinking caps on. Austin and Trevor are the most consistent. Actually if Oto wasn't a train wreck on offense, he plays pretty good defense.

The Michigan game being an exception.

We didnt play incredibly better in the second half vs Michigan, but we did only get outscored by 2 points in the second vs 6 in the first.

Top Bottom