Which NCAA Venue Do You Want the Gophers Sent To?

Where do you want the Gophers sent for the NCAA Tourney?

• Kansas City

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Auburn Hills

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Salt Lake City

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Austin

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Dayton

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Lexington

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
Which venue would give the Gophers the best chance of advancing to the Sweet 16? Are there any advantages in terms of distance for Gopher fans?

a)Kansas City

b)Auburn Hills

c)Salt Lake City

d)Austin

e)Dayton

f)Lexington

I'm hoping for Salt Lake City for several reasons. I think there's a good chance we could wind up playing Gonzaga or Arizona as a 2-7 or 3-6 game in the round of 32 and I like the Gophers chances against either. Plus the Huntsman center is a stone's throw away from my workplace...If the Gophers play in Salt Lake, I'm going to host a huge party for Gopher fans!

I can't see the gophers falling that far in the seeding, but that's just me

So the question should have been which city is closer to your present location? Not sure you'll win this one.

So the question should have been which city is closer to your present location? Not sure you'll win this one.

I also think the competition out west is a bit softer than what we could see out east or in the midwest. I'd rather have to beat someone like Gonzaga, Arizona over teams like Syarcuse or Missouri.

All I have to do is jump on I-29 South at Fargo, put the cruise on at 75, with a gas stop at Sioux City Iowa, and drink my way to KC. Piece of cake.

GO GOPHERS!!!

I've got very fond memories of going down to KC in '97 to watch us go head to head with SW Texas State. Kansas City was a fun time. Go gophs.

Whichever leads us to an eventual game in Washington DC.

You'll want to show up at Energy Solutions Arena and not the Huntsman Center in SLC.

You'll want to show up at Energy Solutions Arena and not the Huntsman Center in SLC.

Seriously? I had assumed the Univ of Utah were hosting at the Huntsman...wow...That sucks! Energy solutions is downtown about 2 miles from my office...Nicer arena but less atmosphere.

Top Bottom