Wisconsin Game - wisconsin two players down for tonight's game vs. MSU

GopherCountry

Reaction score
Article from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/187820471.html

"UW is 10-1 at home this season, including 2-0 in league play, but home-court advantage appears to be a misnomer in the Big Ten this season.

UW is 2-1 on the road; Michigan State is 2-1; the Gophers could match that record at Northwestern; and road teams have won 16 of 32 Big Ten games so far.

If UW had entered the week fully healthy I wouldn’t have been surprised to see victories over Michigan State and Minnesota.

Now I’m guessing UW fans will see a split."

Hopefully we are on the right side of this split!!!
Go Gophers!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/187820471.html

First part of article:

Madison – Big week for the Wisconsin men’s basketball team.

With home games at 6 p.m. Tuesday against No. 13 Michigan State (16-3, 5-1 Big Ten) and at 1 p.m. Saturday against No. 12 Minnesota (15-3, 3-2), the Badgers have an opportunity to score two huge victories and remain near the top of the league standings.

However, it appears UW (13-5, 4-1) will be without forward Frank Kaminsky (eye) and guard George Marshall (illness) Tuesday.

It will be interesting to see what UW does at the guard spots but it appears seldom-used center Evan Anderson will get some playing time against the Spartans with Kaminsky out.

Anderson worked with the top unit during practice Sunday and Monday. UW coach Bo Ryan said Monday he likes to keep reserves ready just in case but my hunch is Ryan knows already he will need Anderson and plans to use him, if only for a few minutes, to counter Michigan State’s big lineup.

Anderson had some solid moments in practice Monday so I’m curious to see how he responds if called upon.

Minnesota, which plays at Northwestern on Wednesday before traveling to Madison, is a deep team that can apply full-court pressure.

Since Kaminsky hasn’t been cleared to practice yet, my guess is he’ll sit against Minnesota, too. UW will need Marshall, a solid ball-handler who had 20 points in the loss to Iowa last week.

I said to one of my friends after Wisconsin beat Indiana that the Badgers would lose their next 5 games against Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, and Illinois. They have already lost to Iowa now and I still believe they have a good chance of losing their next 4 games too.

If UW had entered the week fully healthy I wouldn’t have been surprised to see victories over Michigan State and Minnesota.

I would have. Wisconsin sucks.

Marshall being out will hurt. He played well against Iowa.

Who are we rooting for in this contest? Which team losing helps our chances of being at or near the top of the conference?

all Wisconsin does is shoot 3's. They look extremely easy to defend - that said, Michigan State keeps doubling on the dribbler leaving a Skunk open on the 3 line. If they keep doing that, Wisconsin has a chance. Sad thing is, the Gophers will do the exact same thing and all Wisconsin will have to do is knock down 30-40% of their 30-40 3's to make the Gophers nervous.

On paper, the Gophers should slaughter the Skunks. But, I'm not convinced that will happen in the least.

Nice blow job at the end by Wisky.

Down 2. At the line. Missed 1st free throw. Air ball for 2nd free throw.

Wisconsin shoots 29% from the floor at home and they get to the line for a chance to tie it. They have 1 player in double digits with a measly 10 points. 43% from the free throw line at home.

I simply don't understand, but I don't have to. Becky loses!

Wisconsin shoots 29% from the floor at home and they get to the line for a chance to tie it. They have 1 player in double digits with a measly 10 points. 43% from the free throw line at home.

I simply don't understand, but I don't have to. Becky loses!

That is all that matters!!!

Honestly, this game is a disgrace to basketball.

Wisconsin made one basket the final 8 minutes and called approximately 7 timeouts in the final 2 minutes. 7-18 free throws.
State looks like they just throw the ball at the rim and then hope for a rebound.
Horrible basketball to watch.

Yo so what happened to that other B1G games this week thread idea?

As much as I love making a new thread when Becky loses, its not a bad idea.

Yo so what happened to that other B1G games this week thread idea?

As much as I love making a new thread when Becky loses, its not a bad idea.

Because guys like to come on and look intelligent by starting a new thread??? :)

Bo and his 3 friends will be angry on Saturday. God Help us. Hopefully Elliot and Rodney keep their cool.

Top Bottom