Road trip to Wisconsin

BJack4Life

Reaction score
I have been thinking about making the trip over to Madison for the big matchup and was wondering if any other holer's were going to make the journey? Looks like you have to spend around 110 dollars to get a decent seat. I would just love to be there when we beat them!

I live a matter of blocks from the Kohl Center and probably won't be attending the game. The tickets are extremely hard to come by, especially since they knocked off Indiana. I may try to buy some outside from a scalper the day of, but I'm kind of leaning towards just watching it on TV.

My wife and I will be heading to the game. My wife's uncle lives near Madison and was able to get us some affordable and decent tickets to the game. We will be cheering loud on Saturday!!

Go Gophers!

I'll be making the short drive from Kenosha for the game. I went to my first at the Kohl two years ago, and was not all that impressed. IMO, think the UW Field House was a better venue for college basketball.

Field House was better. Was there when Yoder coached. " The Plumbing Fixture Center" is pretty cold and mundane.

I have been thinking about making the trip over to Madison for the big matchup and was wondering if any other holer's were going to make the journey? Looks like you have to spend around 110 dollars to get a decent seat. I would just love to be there when we beat them!

You should - it's such an easy trip. There are always scalpers out - and honestly, haven't had friends pay over $50, and that was a lot. I think one year, NateDawg got his ticket for $20, and they're good every year, so it wasn't like it was a a down year. The big thing is, can you wait, and if there's some reason you couldn't get tickets, would you be ok watching it at a bar. Just like any supply and demand, the people who are dying to go pay a boatload.

How is the atmosphere at the Kohl? Generic NBA style?

Yes. One of my least favorite arenas. Have no idea why they win so much at home, because it's very cold and stale.

How is the atmosphere at the Kohl? Generic NBA style?

Imagine the Syracuse Dome for football (no air conditioning) and the Kohl Center for basketball. It's a cement monolith where they cut corners and costs at every chance possible. In other words, it's the perfect Communist building for the Comrades! :p

Imagine the Syracuse Dome for football (no air conditioning) and the Kohl Center for basketball. It's a cement monolith where they cut corners and costs at every chance possible. In other words, it's the perfect Communist building for the Comrades! :p

Kinda like TCF???

I'll be at the game, in a suite, so my experience will be a bit better than yours! :p

Ive gone 11 times down there most i have ever payed on the street was 60 for decent seats. As for people ripping it,it isnt the greatest venue ive been to but not the worst. Was sad to see the field house go.(i played in state tournies at both) Ohio state is the worse i have ever been able to attend. Total professional arena. I take that back some of the final 4s ive been at were awful but for a home arena it is. Ive only got two arenas in b10 left, i guess 4 now with Rutgers and Maryland. Apologize for any grammatical errors fat fingers with a new phone.

The Kohl Center is pretty much a mini Pro Arena. It is tough to play in more because of the crowd than anything. They've been good and when Wisconsin is good the fans really show up and impact the game.

Are you still thinking of going? How will our team bounce back? I said prior, our team needs a change, we need some toughness, a kid with heart. I think we will need a TEAM pulling together full of hustle and desire to win. Wish I was going! Go Gophers.

Been to kohl twice. Ok place. Not like going to a football game in Madison. Just really boring boring basketball

Which brings out the importance of tempo for Saturday. Off to the races!

The Kohl Center is pretty much a mini Pro Arena. It is tough to play in more because of the crowd than anything. They've been good and when Wisconsin is good the fans really show up and impact the game.

It is roughly the same size as any pro arena

I'll be there in the midst of the Heart of Darkness on Saturday, but not a long journey for me (a little over an hour and a half). Got some decent face value tix via a non-gaugy type Badger fan.

The Kohl Center is loud, but sterile. Cinder block and glass, and character free. Never seen a group of fans more incredulous about their team getting called for a foul (and ANY foul, obvious or no) than there.

It is roughly the same size as any pro arena

I didn't necessarily mean capacity. The lobby, forums and concession/hallways are much smaller than most NBA arenas. I was pretty much comparing it to the Bradley Center where the Bucks play which is a pretty modest NBA arena.

I probably won't be going just because I don't feel like going to the game with one of my Badger friends just in case we lose. It would be a miserable experience. My confidence that we'll win has gone from 98% just a couple of weeks ago to about 15% now. Which kills any and all motivation to find tickets despite living a short walk from the Kohl Center.

I probably won't be going just because I don't feel like going to the game with one of my Badger friends just in case we lose. It would be a miserable experience. My confidence that we'll win has gone from 98% just a couple of weeks ago to about 15% now. Which kills any and all motivation to find tickets despite living a short walk from the Kohl Center.

Sorry man, I'll just come out and say it. That's weak.

I didn't necessarily mean capacity. The lobby, forums and concession/hallways are much smaller than most NBA arenas. I was pretty much comparing it to the Bradley Center where the Bucks play which is a pretty modest NBA arena.

The Bradley Center is just like the Target Center, which is a building designed in the late 80s-early 90s that hasn't aged well. The upcoming $125M renovation isn't going to address any of the major issues with

The Kohl Center is cold and austere. I don't like the building AT ALL.

Oddly enough, I'm 2-0 at the KC. One was the 2009 OT win (35 below zero never felt so good as it did coming out of there that night), and the other was Phil Kessel's "can you hear me now?" goal game.

I'll be there with a group of four. We're leaving from Minneapolis around 6am tomorrow, staying at the University Inn on State Street, get to Madison aorund 10 and have lunch somewhere, probably the Nitty Gritty. Then party all day and night after the game. I've been to the Kohl Center for hockey almost every year since it opened in '98 but never for basketball. We got lower level seats for $75 a piece off stubhub a couple weeks ago, problem is were damn close to the student section. Was much more excited for this game 2 weeks ago, now I'm expecting an almost certain loss. Should be fun though.

Don't mean to pile on but, that is weak. You live in Madison and you might not go? I don't understand that at all. We need all the Gopher fans in the Kohl that we can get.

Don't mean to pile on but, that is weak. You live in Madison and you might not go? I don't understand that at all. We need all the Gopher fans in the Kohl that we can get.

Agreed. Since when did we as loyal Gopher fans let the possibility of loss or mockery from opposing fans deter us from attending? If that were the case, I'd never attend any road games. I wear the fact that I'll go into any arena or stadium, anywhere and brave boorish fans to back my Gophers like a badge of honor. Given Madtown's proximity, he should work on earning his 'Badger Baiter' merit badge.

The Bradley Center is just like the Target Center, which is a building designed in the late 80s-early 90s that hasn't aged well. The upcoming $125M renovation isn't going to address any of the major issues with

The Kohl Center is cold and austere. I don't like the building AT ALL.

Oddly enough, I'm 2-0 at the KC. One was the 2009 OT win (35 below zero never felt so good as it did coming out of there that night), and the other was Phil Kessel's "can you hear me now?" goal game.

I was at the OT win, in a suite surrounded by Badger fans. It was awesome. Pretty sure the Gophers lost the Phil Kessel "can you hear me" to the student section game, though.

Agreed. Since when did we as loyal Gopher fans let the possibility of loss or mockery from opposing fans deter us from attending? If that were the case, I'd never attend any road games. I wear the fact that I'll go into any arena or stadium, anywhere and brave boorish fans to back my Gophers like a badge of honor. Given Madtown's proximity, he should work on earning his 'Badger Baiter' merit badge.

I'm not going to go to the game without a fellow Gopher with me. Especially when the cheapest available tickets are student section tickets. Mock me all you want. I don't want to pay $80+ to be the only Gopher fan in my section.

I was at the OT win, in a suite surrounded by Badger fans. It was awesome. Pretty sure the Gophers lost the Phil Kessel "can you hear me" to the student section game, though.

Gophers won that game 3-1. We were leading 2-1 in the 3rd period when Kessel scored that now infamous goal to put us up 3-1. I was there as well. Good memories.

Gophers won that game 3-1. We were leading 2-1 in the 3rd period when Kessel scored that now infamous goal to put us up 3-1. I was there as well. Good memories.

My bad, "misremembered" it as Roger Clemens would say.

I'm not going to go to the game without a fellow Gopher with me. Especially when the cheapest available tickets are student section tickets. Mock me all you want. I don't want to pay $80+ to be the only Gopher fan in my section.

I hear you on the cost thing, for sure. And don't sweat it, we're just having fun with you. But, know that if you do go, you'll have fellow Gophers scattered around you, maybe just not right next to you!

Top Bottom