A Conundrum

jamiche

Reaction score
Thanks to the premium seating program we have new seats this year. (The guy with whom I share seats wanted to move; I was happy to stay where we were.) The woman who sits next to me is very nice but she is driving me absolutely crazy. She has a fingernails-on-chalkboard voice and she screams the same words and phrases over and over and over and over and over and over. She's like Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man." I'll bet I heard the word "defense" 5,000 times Thursday night. No joke. It's getting to the point where I look forward to the TV timeouts. I want to tell her to knock it off but I don't want to hurt her feelings. The friends whom I bring to the games can't stand her. I don't want to ruin her fan experience and I'm glad that she's enthusiastic (I am too) but she's ruining what I look forward to. Do I talk to her?

I miss sitting with the old group.

I'd suggest you write to Dear Abby, but I see she has recently passed. I sat next to a guy at the Mich game who actually used ear plugs because of the noise level. You could try that.

Give me a ballpark on season ticket prices? Decent, not great seats. Maybe free throw line upper deck 10 rows up with seatbacks...thinking about splitting a pair of them with 3 couples next year, only want to go to 4-5 games so wondering about cost? Thanks in advance.

Give me a ballpark on season ticket prices? Decent, not great seats. Maybe free throw line upper deck 10 rows up with seatbacks...thinking about splitting a pair of them with 3 couples next year, only want to go to 4-5 games so wondering about cost? Thanks in advance.
Stay on topic....

Start chanting swear words to see if you can get her to start the conversation. When she brings up your inappropriate language (if shes old she definitely will be offended), bargain with her and say that if she shuts up you will...

Win win.

Or do start to mimic everything she does. Sooner or later she will get sick of you, and you'll have fun doing it.

Thanks to the premium seating program we have new seats this year. (The guy with whom I share seats wanted to move; I was happy to stay where we were.) The woman who sits next to me is very nice but she is driving me absolutely crazy. She has a fingernails-on-chalkboard voice and she screams the same words and phrases over and over and over and over and over and over. She's like Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man." I'll bet I heard the word "defense" 5,000 times Thursday night. No joke. It's getting to the point where I look forward to the TV timeouts. I want to tell her to knock it off but I don't want to hurt her feelings. The friends whom I bring to the games can't stand her. I don't want to ruin her fan experience and I'm glad that she's enthusiastic (I am too) but she's ruining what I look forward to. Do I talk to her?

I miss sitting with the old group.
whambulance.gif

Those seats don't exist.

Stay on topic....

Start chanting swear words to see if you can get her to start the conversation. When she brings up your inappropriate language (if shes old she definitely will be offended), bargain with her and say that if she shuts up you will...

Win win.

Or do start to mimic everything she does. Sooner or later she will get sick of you, and you'll have fun doing it.

Funny you say that because I was teasing her on Thurs by telling her that it was ok to swear. She was really wound up and really pissed at Tubby and the refs, but no f-bombs or even h-e-double hockey sticks from her. As I said, a really sweet woman who is pleasant to chat with before the games and during the timeouts. She's just got some OCD thing going when the ball is in play.

This is not a generational thing. If she was in the student section the people around her would be annoyed too. Guaranteed. The difference is that they would have probably tried to shut her up by now.

With or without an OCD lady next to you?

I'd take an annoying Gopher fan over the flatulent Wisconsin fans I stood behind last year with my SRO tickets at the game we clinched the MacNaughton Cup in. They smelt so bad and they kept gassing. Just be glad with this lady its only coming out of the mouth.

Top Bottom