Mo Walker

howeda7

Reaction score
Mo is on quite a stretch of DNP-Coach's Decision. Is there any concern that he would transfer after the season? While he's had a disappointing season, he still has talent and his departure would leave us with basically no one behind Elliot next year. I'd see little choice but to go out and grab a JC center and we know how those Spring/Summer signings usually go. Hopefully he can continue to get in shape, get some minutes and all will be fine.

The guy has a 2 inch vertical and would be eaten alive in the paint by guys like Nix, Zeller, Bergeren, and McGary. He needs to lose about 40 lbs and develop some explosion in his legs.

The guy has a 2 inch vertical and would be eaten alive in the paint by guys like Nix, Zeller, Bergeren, and McGary. He needs to lose about 40 lbs and develop some explosion in his legs.

What I have been missing are all of the GH posters who want to see mo' Mo. He could be another Tractor Traylor, but he is too big still. Then again, Tractor died at a very early age.of 34.

I too have been wondering if Mo would potentially transfer after the season, and for depth purposes, really hope that will not be the case.
Mo is on quite a stretch of DNP-Coach's Decision. Is there any concern that he would transfer after the season? While he's had a disappointing season, he still has talent and his departure would leave us with basically no one behind Elliot next year. I'd see little choice but to go out and grab a JC center and we know how those Spring/Summer signings usually go. Hopefully he can continue to get in shape, get some minutes and all will be fine.

I would guess if there is a transfer, he would be it. Want to know where the posters are who were comparing him to Robert Traylor this year.

He is overweight and not an effective player at all right now. He has talent, and many people have seen it, but he cant get on the floor for a team with limited frontcourt depth. I really hope he gets it together, he was a guy I had thought could be a difference maker at the 5, but so far he is a forgotten man...

give him a break he has been hurt for like 18 months and severe ankle sprain in early summer. Lets see where he is next year . He is the same weight now as he was as a promising true frosh. Doubt he will leave unless we get another big signed

I want Mo to know he's wanted and he will make a difference. He is huge and mobile. I hope he spends his time in the gym making himself better.

I thought Mo might take advantage of his chance when Tubby put him in instead of Eliason against Illinois but he really didn't do anything with it. It does seem as Mo is kind of a fan favorite at The Barn and I do remember reading an interview with Mo where he said he loved it here and hopefully that stays the same because I still believe he can be a valuable part of this team.

What I have been missing are all of the GH posters who want to see mo' Mo. He could be another Tractor Traylor, but he is too big still. Then again, Tractor died at a very early age.of 34.

So true. I think the prevailing sentiment has become less is Mo. If the guy coud launch a bit, that would be a good thing.

Even if Mo gets in decent shape next year, I don't know if we can rely on him for any more than 20 minutes a game. His weight and those knees?

Wouldn't really make sense for him to transfer (we're going to be so short on big men next year), but he may do it just because he's pissed. I'm worried about the number of minutes EE is going to log next year.

Even if Mo gets in decent shape next year, I don't know if we can rely on him for any more than 20 minutes a game. His weight and those knees?

My guess is his weight contributes to having those knees. A lot of guys you could play into game shape, but him coming off knee and ankle injuries makes that harder. He will have to put the work in off the court.

He is a very smart player, good passer, nice touch and pretty fundamentally sound. If he can get in better basketball shape, he will be a great part of next years team.

Transfer to where? I don't think he has many options unless he starts showing something. He also would lose a year of eligibility.

If you want to worry about a transfer- worry about Wally. I have no idea why Tubby burned his redhsirt if he is not going to play. How Wally can't get into the second five is beyond me. You sub in 5 non-athletic guys at once. Why not get Wally into that platoon. If his D is so raw that he can't break our top ten, he shouldn't of had his redshirt taken.

Wouldn't really make sense for him to transfer (we're going to be so short on big men next year), but he may do it just because he's pissed. I'm worried about the number of minutes EE is going to log next year.

Why is he pissed and how do you know this?

give him a break he has been hurt for like 18 months and severe ankle sprain in early summer. Lets see where he is next year . He is the same weight now as he was as a promising true frosh. Doubt he will leave unless we get another big signed

Exactly. The guy played like 7 games before he got hurt in his true Freshman season and hasn't really played since. Can't expect him to be a difference maker this year. I think he will be a nice contributor off the bench next year and will see quality minutes before he graduates.

Transfer to where? I don't think he has many options unless he starts showing something. He also would lose a year of eligibility.

If you want to worry about a transfer- worry about Wally. I have no idea why Tubby burned his redhsirt if he is not going to play. How Wally can't get into the second five is beyond me. You sub in 5 non-athletic guys at once. Why not get Wally into that platoon. If his D is so raw that he can't break our top ten, he shouldn't of had his redshirt taken.

By all accounts that was Wally and his parents decision, not Tubby's.

By all accounts that was Wally and his parents decision, not Tubby's.

But it is more fun to stir up the pot with something that has already happened in the past, that being "He wanted to play."

He's had chances to play, and basically shown nothing when he's been in there...nothing to the point of actually hurting the team.

Would like to see him get more time. Something seems odd.

If you're up 15 on Northwestern, why not let him get some run and see how well he does against big Alex Olah?

Walker can rebound, score and take up space. Nice weapon.

You are an idiot. How do you know Mo is pissed? From everything I have read, he absolutely loves Minnesota. I haven't seen any evidence that he is unhappy or would even think of transferring. Please prove me wrong if you know of any such evidence.

Are Wally and Wally's parents the coach? Unless Wally starts playing this is a complete waste of a redshirt.

I believe Wally has said publicly that he doesn't want to be in college for more than four years. If that's the case, redshirting doesn't make sense as you'd only get three years out of him. At least this way, he gets a few minutes here and there.

That was a confusing post on my part. I was trying to say that in the what-if scenario that he does transfer, it wouldn't really make sense in terms of playing time because he's definitely going to get decent minutes next year. So I would think a reason for transferring would be more that he's pissed about how he's being treated this season in terms of playing time rather than what his playing time will be next year.

Why is he pissed and how do you know this?

Good god, overreact much? Please see previous post. I reread my post and can certainly see how it was confusing. What I can't understand is how it warranted being called an idiot.

You are an idiot. How do you know Mo is pissed? From everything I have read, he absolutely loves Minnesota. I haven't seen any evidence that he is unhappy or would even think of transferring. Please prove me wrong if you know of any such evidence.

That was a confusing post on my part. I was trying to say that in the what-if scenario that he does transfer, it wouldn't really make sense in terms of playing time because he's definitely going to get decent minutes next year. So I would think a reason for transferring would be more that he's pissed about how he's being treated this season in terms of playing time rather than what his playing time will be next year.

If he transfers to another D1 school, he will have to sit out next season. So he will have played 1/3 of a season two years ago, redshirt last year, 1/2 a season this year (DNP central) and another redshirt next year. That seems like an absurd move, but I guess we've seen it all around here. (Would he forfeit a year or can he redshirt once for injury and once for transfer and maintain 4 years of playing eligibility?)

Bottom line: The reason Mo doesn't play this year is all on Mo.

So you are making up an end result then going back and trying to find rational for getting to said end result. Yeah, what a great post. Sounds like you are hoping he transfers so you can bitch about it.

He's clearly the 5th big behind Eliason and Ingram it seems right now, and considering our run of games here (@ILL, @IU, v. Mich), it was gonna be hard to get time in those games cause of how tight they were, though I do believe he played at Illinois if I'm not mistaken cause Eliason was so bad early on. He'll get minutes as the schedule lightens up, I'm not too worried.

He's said he's happy here and has no thoughts of transferring, so I'll take him at his word for now.

He's clearly the 5th big behind Eliason and Ingram it seems right now, and considering our run of games here (@ILL, @IU, v. Mich), it was gonna be hard to get time in those games cause of how tight they were, though I do believe he played at Illinois if I'm not mistaken cause Eliason was so bad early on. He'll get minutes as the schedule lightens up, I'm not too worried.

He's said he's happy here and has no thoughts of transferring, so I'll take him at his word for now.

6th big. You forgot about Oto.

Top Bottom