B1G Standings/Schedule/Results Matrix

ParaBadger

Reaction score
I have created a google docs spreadsheet that shows the B1G standings, results, and schedule along with each team's home and road record that I think some people might find useful.

However, I am too lazy to fill out the entire thing, so I was hoping to employ some volunteer labor to do a little data entry. The schools are ranked in the far left column according to the standings. Each team's schedule and results are laid out in the rows to the right of their school name, with the top row being home games and the bottom row being road games. Anybody should be able to edit and fill in results as they happen throughout the season.

I'll probably post this on a few other B1G message boards as well, so we should get it updated pretty quick. I'm not sure how many people can view or edit this thing at once, however, so if it crashes, well... it crashes.

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-Ma GTDbldudHpsYlNsZzViREpnZ1hvN2NMa2pDS1E

This is sweet man! I've been looking to find something like this so that I can get a better grasp on what everyone's record means. Thanks.

Amazing spreadsheet

So is this something that is going to be updated weekly? It would be great to see weekly.

I love how simplistic it all becomes when looking at this spreadsheet. The color coordination really points out the obvious "good wins" (green box on the left side of grid) and bad losses (red box to the right). SWEET!!!

I love how simplistic it all becomes when looking at this spreadsheet. The color coordination really points out the obvious "good wins" (green box on the left side of grid) and bad losses (red box to the right). SWEET!!!

I don't think the green and red pertain to good wins or bad losses respectively. I think its more indicative of winning or losing. Surely the Gophers losing to Indiana is not as bad of a loss even though it has a red box. Apply to other teams as needed.

This was pretty good. I'll add this to my google documents and share this on ElevenWarriors. Thanks!

I don't think the green and red pertain to good wins or bad losses respectively. I think its more indicative of winning or losing. Surely the Gophers losing to Indiana is not as bad of a loss even though it has a red box. Apply to other teams as needed.

This was pretty good. I'll add this to my google documents and share this on ElevenWarriors. Thanks!

I think his point was, the more green (wins) you have on the left side of the grid, that means you're netting quality wins cause it's ordered by standings. It's just kind of a nice way to see how things stack up. If you have a lot of red on the right side, you're losing to the wrong teams lol.

If Michigan St. ends up winning the regular season conference championship, they will most definitely have earned it. The four teams they only play once are Northwestern, Iowa, Illinois, and Penn St. All teams that will end up in the bottom half of the conference more than likely.

I think his point was, the more green (wins) you have on the left side of the grid, that means you're netting quality wins cause it's ordered by standings. It's just kind of a nice way to see how things stack up. If you have a lot of red on the right side, you're losing to the wrong teams lol.

Exactly what I meant. Thanks for clearing it up if I explained my thoughts poorly.

I check this matrix after every weekend of basketball it's very cool. I thought I'd bump it to the top so that more can enjoy. Good work Parabadger.

Top Bottom