NU surging vs Indiana in 2nd half 42-47.

gopherMD

Reaction score
Down by 17 at one point, the Cats are posed for an upset. A Cats win is a plus for the Gophers.

NU not going quietly. Geez, this makes Wednesday's game all the interesting.

If NU makes their shots they can play with anybody. The Gophers only led NU by what, 4, at half? It is a great game. Wednesday will be interesting.

If NU makes their shots they can play with anybody. The Gophers only led NU by what, 4, at half? It is a great game. Wednesday will be interesting.

NU had 13 points at half against us didn't they? I don't think they were hitting their shots.

True, but against IU, Penn St and Illinois, a top 25 team, they shot well and won 2 of those games and gave IU, the #2 team in the country, a scare. If the Gophers play as chaotic and error-prone as they did against Michigan, and if NU shoots well it will be a good game. The first half proved that when the Gophers play lousy they are not much better than NU when they play similarly.

NU had 13 points at half against us didn't they? I don't think they were hitting their shots.

They had 14 points, but yeah, they were playing Wisconsin style wait-30-seconds-before-shooting basketball, and I think at the half we were both shooting about 30% from the field.

NW didn't shoot very well today. 20-49 overall and just 6-19 on 3's. Didn't see any of the game but assuming NW slowed things way down like they did against us? There were only 6 turnovers by each team, yet the score was pretty low.

NW didn't shoot very well today. 20-49 overall and just 6-19 on 3's. Didn't see any of the game but assuming NW slowed things way down like they did against us? There were only 6 turnovers by each team, yet the score was pretty low.

Your stats don't tell the whole story. NU won the 2nd half 42-36 with great defense and much improved shooting. 40% from the field is average and it was much better in the 2nd half. NU did take their time but got some good looks and converted. Tre Demps comes off the bench and can create shots. Wednesday could be a good game in Evanston.

Most teams in the league are hitting their stride right now - as happens every year - including the Cats. Look out for Purdue and Nebraska as well. Meanwhile, the Gophers are slumping in conference play - as happens most years.

Most teams in the league are hitting their stride right now - as happens every year - including the Cats. Look out for Purdue and Nebraska as well. Meanwhile, the Gophers are slumping in conference play - as happens most years.

CALM DOWN. We lost to Indiana and Michigan!!!! It's not like we lost to Iowa or NW. We were never going to go undefeated in the B1G. Did we play terrible for a stretch or two during each loss, yes! But, the teams that we've lost to have shot the lights out (BTW all top 10 teams).

Duke shot 80% from 3 and 54.5% FG, we turned it over ONCE more than Duke.
IU shot 42.1% from 3 and 50.9% FG, we turned it over 2 more times than IU.
Michigan shot 50% from 3 and 48.1% FG, we turned it over 4 times more than Michigan

2 of the teams we lost to (ALL top 10 teams) shot either at or above 50% from 3 and the other a measley 42.1%! You're going to lose the majority of the time a team shoots that well couple that with the fact that we turned the ball over more and you have 3 losses. My point being is that we lost to GOOD teams who shot WELL, sh*t happens.

We want to peak around tournament time not at the beginning of the B1G season anyways. We have room to grow/improve so I feel good about where we are at!

CALM DOWN. We lost to Indiana and Michigan!!!! It's not like we lost to Iowa or NW. We were never going to go undefeated in the B1G. Did we play terrible for a stretch or two during each loss, yes! But, the teams that we've lost to have shot the lights out (BTW all top 10 teams).

Duke shot 80% from 3 and 54.5% FG, we turned it over ONCE more than Duke.
IU shot 42.1% from 3 and 50.9% FG, we turned it over 2 more times than IU.
Michigan shot 50% from 3 and 48.1% FG, we turned it over 4 times more than Michigan

2 of the teams we lost to (ALL top 10 teams) shot either at or above 50% from 3 and the other a measley 42.1%! You're going to lose the majority of the time a team shoots that well couple that with the fact that we turned the ball over more and you have 3 losses. My point being is that we lost to GOOD teams who shot WELL, sh*t happens.

We want to peak around tournament time not at the beginning of the B1G season anyways. We have room to grow/improve so I feel good about where we are at!

I want to see the team as fired up as you are.

Top Bottom