Predictable NCAA

GopherGold

Reaction score
Of Course there were a few big upsets in the 1st and 2nd but look at the Sweet 16:

ALL #1, ALL #2, ALL #3
2x #4 Xavier and Zaga
#5 Purdue
And the lone surprise, #12 Arizona

Is there anyone else slightly disappointed by this? Or does this just mean that the committee did a good job?
Even my girlfriend is close to me in points this year because it was so easy to predict. I whooped her the past couple years.

Not a really big deal, just something I noticed and thought would create some conversation.

edit: I think every sportscaster in the nation owes Arizona an apology.

Of Course there were a few big upsets in the 1st and 2nd but look at the Sweet 16:

ALL #1, ALL #2, ALL #3
2x #4 Xavier and Zaga
#5 Purdue

Is there anyone else slightly disappointed by this? Or does this just mean that the committee did a good job?
Even my girlfriend is close to me in points this year because it was so easy to predict. I whooped her the past couple years.

Not a really big deal, just something I noticed and thought would create some conversation.

Committee did good job on top of brackets. All year long, Div I has been 12 to 15 teams then the rest of the pack.

ALL #1, ALL #2, ALL #3
2x #4 Xavier and Zaga
#5 Purdue

This happened to be the one year where I decided to be quite liberal on my bracket, being such that the past several years seem to have a gluttony of upsets. Great job by me! :eek:

While it's fun to see the upsets early on, those Cinderellas that advance usually flame out in a pretty ugly way in the round of 16. We should see some very high level games Thursday through Sunday next weekend.

I don't know that Arizona deserves any apologies-they did lose 13 games after all. Did anyone have a more favorable road to the Sweet 16? That being said, they were impressive in victory and with Hill, Budinger, and Wise they could give Louisville a pretty tough game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...Am8Avx8vXt9mKwXMx_bjAJzevbYF?urn=ncaab,149714

I absolutely agree with this article. Arizona's run to the sweet 16 does nothing to justify its selection and admittance into the tournament. Regardless of its success, it did not deserve to be in, at least not in my opinion. I would wager that there are 20 plus teams that did not get in who would have been capable of such a run with how things unfolded. I think it's safe to say the U would have gladly taken that draw, especially with Wake losing.

Then again, it does not matter about what if's and whether they deserved the invite. They are in, and they are one of 16 teams competing for the national title.

Top Bottom