VA isn't getting their Civil War battle flag from MN and they won't get Tubby either!

This is the last post I'll make on this whole Tubby-Virginia subject unless something changes because its getting downright tiresome. There are people in Wahoo land who are so convinced that Tubby is coming to Virginia that it is almost to the point of OCD.

They are grasping at anything and everything trying to convince themselves that he's headed to Virginia. They've even resorted to calling what Seth Davis, ESPN and Fox Sports said about Tubby "wanting" to leave Minnesota as "reliable" information. What they fail to recognize is that none of those sources actually said Tubby was looking around, they only said other schools would ask about him and he might listen (which at least to this point, he appears to not be doing!!!:D), which was also speculation on all of their parts.

I don't usually read other boards a whole lot, but they're an interesting lot over there. It's kind of entertaining actually....

This is the last post I'll make on this whole Tubby-Virginia subject unless something changes because its getting downright tiresome. There are people in Wahoo land who are so convinced that Tubby is coming to Virginia that it is almost to the point of OCD.

They are grasping at anything and everything trying to convince themselves that he's headed to Virginia. They've even resorted to calling what Seth Davis, ESPN and Fox Sports said about Tubby "wanting" to leave Minnesota as "reliable" information. What they fail to recognize is that none of those sources actually said Tubby was looking around, they only said other schools would ask about him and he might listen (which at least to this point, he appears to not be doing!!!:D), which was also speculation on all of their parts.

I don't usually read other boards a whole lot, but they're an interesting lot over there. It's kind of entertaining actually....

I don't even think they said anything short of they would be suprised if Tubby left. I read Goodman on Fox Sports today and all he said is that VA would make a strong push.

As for other boards - I have to admit reading them can become kind of addicting. Especially when the fanbases are very um how do you put it "passionate". I fully admit that I still to this day read CatsPause/the Kentucky board on a semi-regular basis. It beats half the crap on TV for pure entertainment value.

Living in Charlottesville and following UVA casually I tried to point out that the Minnesota job was not the chopped liver they were making it out to be, and the UVA job simply is not a step up. They won't hear anything of the kind. They are virtually convinced that he's coming. They cannot really fathom that he would possibly say no. Any quote he's issued saying he's stayiing is just 'coach speak' and means nothing. I don't think they'll be swayed otherwise until they actually hire someone else.

Living in Charlottesville and following UVA casually I tried to point out that the Minnesota job was not the chopped liver they were making it out to be, and the UVA job simply is not a step up. They won't hear anything of the kind. They are virtually convinced that he's coming. They cannot really fathom that he would possibly say no. Any quote he's issued saying he's stayiing is just 'coach speak' and means nothing. I don't think they'll be swayed otherwise until they actually hire someone else.

I think we mentioned their arrogance a week or so ago, and two guys on this board with kids who went to UVa were in complete denial. LOL.

I just went to one of their message boards...among my favorite posts:

-70% chance on Tubby
-Jay Wright would be my "1B"
-Tubby's WCCO interview was simply coach speak
-Jeff Capel is a candidate

These wahoos seem to think the UNC job just opened up or something...

-70% chance on Tubby

Hey WUG, you have a link?

-70% chance on Tubby

I think they re-hire Jeff Jones away from American U.

This might be the most delusional thing I've ever heard on an internet message board, and considering all the interaction we've had with Kentucky basketball fans here over the past two years, that's really saying something. I'm sure Jay Wright is anxiously awaiting the call.

Good lord. I think if that happens Craig Littlepage will be drug from his office by a mob with torches and pitchforks, or least a mob with reusable solar sticks and biodegradable plastic sabres.

TheSabre.com

click on mens bball message boards. Its very, very difficult to read, it looks like a message board from 10 years ago. Terrible layout.

No CNCMIN...

I think we mentioned their arrogance a week or so ago, and two guys on this board with kids who went to UVa were in complete denial. LOL.

..what we took exception to was your IMPLICATION (and yes, you did imply, if not outright say) that ALL UVA people are arrogant. No generalization is worth a tinkers-damn, including this one. Please get your facts straight before you shoot off you mouth (or type, as the case may be). :D

FWIW, I don't see Tubby leaving Minnesota. While UVa may have a location advantage vis-a-vis closer to Donna's and Tubby's extended family, I don't see how going to UVa to resurrect that moribund program is in Tubby's best interest. Clearly, U fans adore Tubby, and from what I can tell, he loves being in Minnesota. With the recruits he has coming in next year, the excitement he's generated in U basketball, and his charitable work, I'd wager that Tubby is going to stay in Minneapolis for a number of years.

Good call, FoT...

..Jeff Jones would be a good choice, he being a former UVa player and graduate. He had a reasonably good record at UVa (see below). Not sure how his departure in 1998 was handled (mutual agreement? flat out fired?), so that may or may not be an issue in rehiring him. For Minnesota's sake, though, I say we get the Jeff Jones to UVa chant started on the UVa boards pronto!

Year-by-Year Coaching Record
Year School Record Postseason
1990-91 Virginia 21-12 NCAA First Round
1991-92 Virginia 20-13 NIT Champions
1992-93 Virginia 21-10 NCAA Sweet 16
1993-94 Virginia 18-13 NCAA Second Round
1994-95 Virginia 25-9 NCAA Elite 8
1995-96 Virginia 12-15 —
1996-97 Virginia 18-13 NCAA First Round
1997-98 Virginia 11-19 —

Top Bottom