Not ready for prime time again!

gopherinpain

Banned
Reaction score
Hoped this year was different, but this is the same roster that was in the NIT last year. 11-7 conf record is what I thought beginning of the year and they can still accomplish that. No senior leadership and lack of coaching preparedness has killed them the last two games.

What was the lack of coaching specifically? I love these comments!

I do agree with the big stage theory though the players have looked rattled since the tip

Have to beat Northwestern next Wed or they will be under .500 coming into the Nebraska game on the 29th.

What was the lack of coaching specifically

Not having your team mentally or physically prepared last two games and no adjustments at half tonight to get them motivated on the defensive end.

Not having your team mentally or physically prepared last two games and no adjustments at half tonight to get them motivated on the defensive end.

How do you get them mentally prepared? How is that a coaching thing and not an individual thing? If the players can't get motivated for a game on national tv there is nothing tubby can say that will change that

Were not bad, just playing like *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# against the #5 team in the country... for the second game in a row.

Also how do you know tubby didn't make adjustments and the players are failing to execute? Sometimes fans think a coach can make a "magic statement" and all a sudden the players are supermen

Sometimes fans think a coach can make a "magic statement" and all a sudden the players are supermen

If that were the case, why have coaches, if the best teams always won every game.

If that were the case, why have coaches, if the best teams always won every game.

Have you ever coached before? You can preach and teach non stop and sometimes it doesn't work out. Sometimes the players make mistakes and dot execute. Maybe tubby is getting out coaches tonight? Maybe Michigan is just that much better? You have no idea what is going on with the game plan so to bitch with zero knowledge is more frustrating than watching Michigan kick our ass

Tubby's ceiling is about a 5th place finish and I think he can achieve it. Making the tourney (even one and done) is still a great year.

Losing to two top 5 teams and the sky is falling. If they lose at Northwestern then everyone can say something.

Losing to two top 5 teams and the sky is falling. If they lose at Northwestern then everyone can say something.

I'd just like to see them play the first half against Northwestern. That would be refreshing..............By the way anyone seen Rodney lately?

Not sure why I even looked at this thread...knew it was going to be full of hyperbole of the famed chicken little variety.

We lost to 3 teams this year...all were top 5 (2 were #1 almost every week since preseason). Did we play well tonight? Not particularly. Did we embarrass ourselves? Not in my opinion. Am I disappointed? Yes, very much so. Is the sky falling? No, not really.

Hoped this year was different, but this is the same roster that was in the NIT last year. 11-7 conf record is what I thought beginning of the year and they can still accomplish that. No senior leadership and lack of coaching preparedness has killed them the last two games.

Dude, just go away, every post from you has always been negative, you're a fan, just admit it already...

We lost them game at the FT line and with silly turn overs in transition. If we have shot better from the line and converted on our transition opportunities...we win this game going away.

It's how they lost that is discouraging, Hardaway lit up Hollin for 16 points early in the game, Hollins is an upperclassman that has been seen significant playing time for 3 years, it shouldn't happen.

Multiple turnovers, sloppy play, missed free throws, all things an experienced team shouldn't be doing.

Making the tourney (even one and done) is still a great year.
I disagree. That is a pretty low bar to set for a great year. "Great" in my opinion is making the tournament and making some noise...at least winning a game or so. Otherwise, just getting knocked out in the first round every time is akin to being awarded a participation trophy in grade school sports.

Originally Posted by To Kill A Badger
Making the tourney (even one and done) is still a great year..

I disagree. That is a pretty low bar to set for a great year. "Great" in my opinion is making the tournament and making some noise...at least winning a game or so. Otherwise, just getting knocked out in the first round every time is akin to being awarded a participation trophy in grade school sports.

This is a big reason why football and basketball will never reach an elite B10 level. Too many fans are happy with a toilet bowl and a one and done NCAA tournament. Expect more and you get trashed.

That implies this is a program that gets to "participate" every year, which is obviously not the case.

Austin is regarded as our best defender. Maybe Hardaway is a world class big ten player and he was nailing everything. If we had another option to guard the 6'6" Hardaway we could try it. Would you have rather seen Coleman or Rodney on him? We played the best set of perimeter players in the country. We could have played better. Looking at matchups I was seriously dissappointed with Rodney getting outplayed by Robinson..a freshmen, and that we couldnt use Trevor more. They had advantages at all the other spots.

You're really going to biitch about Austin? He was our best player yesterday. Yes, his defense wasn't great for part, but Hardaway also just hit some extremely tough shots. Austin had just as good of a game as Hardaway anyway. His numbers were ridiculous. At least someone kept us in the game.

It's how they lost that is discouraging, Hardaway lit up Hollin for 16 points early in the game, Hollins is an upperclassman that has been seen significant playing time for 3 years, it shouldn't happen.

Multiple turnovers, sloppy play, missed free throws, all things an experienced team shouldn't be doing.

Top Bottom