A Couple of things about the women's win

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
They are the first team to win a true road game in this year's tournament.

They are the only team to beat Notre Dame at JoyceCenter in the NCAA Tournament. They have done it twice, today, and in 1994. Notre Dame has won their other 6 games played at Joyce.

Great game today! I live about an hour from South Bend so it was great to be able to see it live! Thanks BigTen Network for letting me keep track of my Gophers otherwise. MinnMarchDTF to borrow from your tag line:
Tickets: $16 each
Snacks: Free Papa John's pizza samples outside Joyce ACC
Watching your team win on the opponent's home court and being congratulated by the opponent's fans...Priceless.

Go Gophers! Beat the Aggies Tuesday!

I follow the Women's team closely and I like to think I am a reasonably knowledgable basketball fan. Yet I have absolutely no idea how they won that game. I understand that they won because they dominated on the boards and shot a high percentage. That part makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that the Gophs did so on the road against a good team after two terrible performances to end the season. Plus there was the bizzare substitution of Brianna Mastey for Kiara Buford, Zoe Harper dominating inside and McCoys foul trouble.

It was a wonderfully baffling performance.

It was a wonderfully baffling performance. The team hasn't played close to that all year. ND is not particularly athletic but it sounds like that is not the case with Texas A&M. Hopefully the gophers can do it again tomorrow night.

I follow the Women's team closely and I like to think I am a reasonably knowledgable basketball fan. Yet I have absolutely no idea how they won that game. I understand that they won because they dominated on the boards and shot a high percentage. That part makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that the Gophs did so on the road against a good team after two terrible performances to end the season. Plus there was the bizzare substitution of Brianna Mastey for Kiara Buford, Zoe Harper dominating inside and McCoys foul trouble.

It was a wonderfully baffling performance.

They have been a baffling team all during the Big Ten season.

Losses to Wisconsin, Illinois and Northwestern. Sweeping MSU, winning at OSU.

They are an enigma.

The good thing for the Gopher women this particular season is their best wins have come away from home. ... OSU, MSU, ND.

Well tonight will be interesting.

Its a battle of styles tonight with the Gophers physical style against the up tempo in your face pressure of Texas A&M. I think the Gophers have a real shot to win tonight but they have to do a couple things. They have to control the ball limiting turnovers. They have to win the rebounding battle and on offense they must hit the three point shot to open up the low post. If the Gophers get in foul trouble tonight they are doomed. If they are going to win Fox and McCoy must play really well. I think we will see more of Buford and Silva as well. If the Gophers can control the boards and not have many turnovers or atleast keep the turnovers under control they have a great chance tonight.

Forcing A&M to play at our tempo is key. I don't think we have enough athletes to run the floor all night. Shooting well is also huge. That's one of the main reasons we beat ND.

But I by and large agree with your points, Wolf.

Top Bottom