It's time to feed the BEAST!

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed that Trevor has shown some improved low-post moves. But he really hasn't gotten the ball enough in the post to take advantage. I think it's time for the Gophers to exploit our match-up advantage over Morgan and any of the Michigan bigs.

I think the Gophers should make a conscious effort to feed Trevor 6 or 7 times a half and let him go to work with Rodney and Joe crashing the boards. I think Trev could get Morgan and McGary into foul trouble, get to the line and get us some easier baskets. Also, by feeding him, its going to open Andre and Austin for open 3's eventually.

Feed the beast!!!

Trevor is the key to this game. Michigan doesn't have anyone that can guard him. We have to give him his touches and let him dominate the paint. That will open up the Hollins brothers to start raining 3's. let's drop 90 on this freshman filled squad.

Trevor is the key to this game. Michigan doesn't have anyone that can guard him. We have to give him his touches and let him dominate the paint. That will open up the Hollins brothers to start raining 3's. let's drop 90 on this freshman filled squad.

This is where the Barnyard comes in...hassle the hello out of Michigan's Freshman and help make them get into panic mode.

We also need a big sign brought out from Football Past... WISH AGAIN MICHIGAN!

GO GOPHERS!!!

Very interesting...

I've noticed that Trevor has shown some improved low-post moves. But he really hasn't gotten the ball enough in the post to take advantage. I think it's time for the Gophers to exploit our match-up advantage over Morgan and any of the Michigan bigs.

I think the Gophers should make a conscious effort to feed Trevor 6 or 7 times a half and let him go to work with Rodney and Joe crashing the boards. I think Trev could get Morgan and McGary into foul trouble, get to the line and get us some easier baskets. Also, by feeding him, its going to open Andre and Austin for open 3's eventually.

Feed the beast!!!

...I like your idea here, Moses87

Feed the beast!!!

Agreed. They should have done it when they needed a basket against Indiana (the last 10 minutes of the first half). Trevor needs to demand the ball more. I also haven't noticed as much high low sets this year. All the players should re-watch the Stanford game to see how dominant and good trevor is down low.

100% CORRECT. Trevor should be a man among boys down low way better player then Michigan's bigs!

It's time to feed the beast

I've noticed that Trevor has shown some improved low-post moves. But he really hasn't gotten the ball enough in the post to take advantage. I think it's time for the Gophers to exploit our match-up advantage over Morgan and any of the Michigan bigs. I think the Gophers should make a conscious effort to feed Trevor 6 or 7 times a half and let him go to work with Rodney and Joe crashing the boards. I think Trev could get Morgan and McGary into foul trouble, get to the line and get us some easier baskets. Also, by feeding him, its going to open Andre and Austin for open 3's eventually. Feed the beast!!!
+1,000 if you re-watch the Indiana game there were numerous times Trev was open but no one fed him the ball

Also the guards, particularly Dre, have to make entry passes when they are available; rotate then enter, instead of forcing it and turning it over. Michigan knows this is coming; a little intelligent inside out action, with Hollins x 2 making them pay if they sag. Let's make it happen guys.

One change they made in the second half against Indiana on a pass down low to Williams was to through the pass up by the backboard. Too many passes this year to the low post have been short and intercepted. The Beast and Williams can go up and get it if it is up by the backboard. The Gopher passers need to get the passes up!

I really want Rodney to go off too. He seems do, I just want him to get more looks down on the block as well. There's nothing like Rodney's dunks, especially in a game of this magnitude, it can really set the tone and ignite the crowd. VS IU he just seemed kinda out of it, not getting it in good positions friendly to his game. There's no one more lethal than him when he has it with some space down near the block. Hopefully him and Trevor can dominate because that will really open things up for Hollins' 3 pt shot.

Makes me miss Hoff. He's one of the better players we've had at getting the ball into the post.

right on

Agreed. He was underrated/underappreciated as a post-entry passer.

Hoffarber might have been the only one on the team to throw that entry pass in. Sampson did it well at the high post in the high low. It was amazing that Al Nolen, as good of a pg as he was, rarely fed the post in the halfcourt.

Hoffarber might have been the only one on the team to throw that entry pass in. Sampson did it well at the high post in the high low. It was amazing that Al Nolen, as good of a pg as he was, rarely fed the post in the halfcourt.

feeding the post can come down to inches...I think shorter players under 6-2 or so, have a harder time because there are less angles from which to make the pass. A taller player with longer arms is able to contort and move his arms in a bigger radius to get the angle needed. I think Al's shortness was a big part of his problem making those passes.

Gotta' agree with you Moses. Mbakwe is one of the things we have that Big Blue simply doesn't have. Both teams have good guards, wings, some shooters, and decent benches, but UM doesn't have a physical presence to match Mbakwe.

I also think our experience will be a factor. No offense to Value City Arena, but it's not Williams Arena (when WA is at full throttle). Hopefully the Gophers/crowd can rattle Blue's freshmen a little bit.

Today people are agreeing with Moses87, yesterday people were agreeing with THESCOUT!, the Gophers are #9.

The world has turned upside down.

What's next, rumors that a Heisman finalist had a fake dead girlfriend?

Today people are agreeing with Moses87, yesterday people were agreeing with THESCOUT!, the Gophers are #9.

What's next?

Maybe Ramblin' Wren will develop an affinity for Tim Brewster?

Awesome!

What's next, rumors that a Heisman finalist had a fake dead girlfriend?

I agree on many of your points. Michigan may have the best set of perimeter players in the country. Staukus may be a top 5 shooter in the nation. We don't have that kind of shooter. I totally agree on Mbakwe. I think we can muck the game up and get dirty on these guys.
Gotta' agree with you Moses. Mbakwe is one of the things we have that Big Blue simply doesn't have. Both teams have good guards, wings, some shooters, and decent benches, but UM doesn't have a physical presence to match Mbakwe.

I also think our experience will be a factor. No offense to Value City Arena, but it's not Williams Arena (when WA is at full throttle). Hopefully the Gophers/crowd can rattle Blue's freshmen a little bit.

I think your on to something. Oto has thrown it into Mbakwe some too. I think the second part of the equation is not only height and angles, but throwing it right away, not staring at the big and waiting for the defender to hedge or get in front. It's somewhat like a qb throwing a ball before the wr breaks, trusting he will get there. When Trevor pins that defender that pass needs to be there now. He cannot hold that guy forever.

feeding the post can come down to inches...I think shorter players under 6-2 or so, have a harder time because there are less angles from which to make the pass. A taller player with longer arms is able to contort and move his arms in a bigger radius to get the angle needed. I think Al's shortness was a big part of his problem making those passes.

The best passes into the post are almost always bounce passes. The problem with throwing in a very high pass is the defender can nudge you further from the rim when you go get it. Also it's hard to regather and perform a move after such a pass. I always liked to pin the defender as close to the box as i can and hold him, then hopefully the guard will bounce it low where if i missed it I would get it in the groin. It's very hard for a defender to deflect this type of pass. Chest passes into the post get deflected alot. Another thing a good entry passer does is to throw the ball to the side away from the defender of the post player.

One change they made in the second half against Indiana on a pass down low to Williams was to through the pass up by the backboard. Too many passes this year to the low post have been short and intercepted. The Beast and Williams can go up and get it if it is up by the backboard. The Gopher passers need to get the passes up!

Tonight, first half against Northwestern anyway, they seem to be feeding the beast...

Feed the beast!!!

...or Trevor is getting the rebounds and pts on his own... of course, the blocks are his own... trevor doing well in first half against NW based on what I am hearing on the radio...

Top Bottom