3A and 4A State Tournament Pairings Are Out...

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
Class AAA

At The Barn, Wednesday
10 AM: #1 Mankato West v. New Prague
Noon: #4 Spring Lake Park v. Rogers
2 PM: #2 Minneapolis Washburn v. Grand Rapids
4 PM: #3 St. Paul Johnson v. Little Fals

Semis:
Thursday at Target Center
Noon: West/NP winner v. SLP/Rogers
2 PM: Washburn/GR v. Johnson/Little Falls

Championship:
Saturday, 6 PM

Class AAAA
At Target Center, Wednesday
10 AM: #1 Hopkins v. Blaine
Noon: #4 St. Cloud Tech v. Winona
2 PM: #2 Henry Sibley v. Bloomington Jefferson
4 PM: #3 Osseo v. Apple Valley

Semis
At Target Center, Thursday
6 PM: Hopkins/Blaine v. Tech/Winona
8 PM: Sibley/Jefferson v. Osseo/AV

Championship
8 PM Saturday

The better games will be at The Barn on Wednesday. New Prague is the team no one wanted to draw for the first round, and they get West. They're trying to win one for their coach, who died in January. Rogers is a rough-and-tumble squad that won't back down from anyone, so expect a war of attrition with SLP. Washburn and Johnson win in wipeouts.

For 4A, all the quarters will be blowouts, but semifinals for the ages.

On paper anyway, there seems to be a HUGE difference between the top four in 4A and the other four. Blaine played very well in beating Forest Lake, especially defensively. It will be fun to see what they can do against Hopkins.

I feel bad for my old school of Winona... gonna get blown out.

At least they didn't get paired against Hopkins.

watch out for SLP in AAA. They are really explosive and really fun to watch, pretty much use the seven seconds or less approach on offense. Average 77 pts per game and have 3 explosive scorers. Put up 105 on henry in the semis and 92 on Heights and Jacob Thomas in the finals.

Hopkins

With all the talent Novak has this year, if they lose in the state tournament they should all be forced to walk back home to Hopkins from the Target Center.

Or I guess more accurately walk back to wherever they actually live.

The winona and Owatonna Section final game had to be the most boring game to ever attend that is unless you love defense. I think it will be Osseo vs Hopkins in the finals.

I think it will be a huge upset if Sibley and Hopkins don't meet for the title. Sibley handled Osseo pretty easily in the non conference. St Cloud Tech will be fun to watch because of Nate Wolters, a player the Gophers have been keeping an eye on, most likley as a potential walk on, plus the big seven footer from Winona who has been the talk of the town. Sibley is the only team who has the talent to hang with Hopkins and who knows what can happen in a close game.

Little Alipate for Jefferson and Thomas Shalk for Apple Valley are other 4A kids to watch for Gopher purposes.

Washburn and Johnson should be a great game in 3A.

Kind of sucks that 4A is during the morning and early afternoon.

Top Bottom