Jordan Robinson

BJack4Life

Reaction score
@RyanJamesMN: Sounds like a new name to follow in Gopher recruiting is 2013 PF Jordan Robinson of North Carolina.

Anybody heard of him?

That video is reminscent of the Daniel Edozie workout video. I have no idea who Jordan Robinson is, but if it's the guy I think it is #162, he is not impressive.

Apparently he is considering Depaul, UCLA, Xavier, Duquesne & Minnesota per Twitter.

If UCLA and Xavier are in the mix, you'd assume he was at least a decent prospect.

I have no idea if Robinson is a BT level prospect or not, but no doubt that come Spring, teams reach to fill spots. Assuming Schilling is waiting for a "better/bigger" offer than Minnesota, then he was absolutely smart in waiting for Spring as assuming his season doesn't bomb and that he stays healthy, his offer list will grow. Likewise, if Robinson entered the season with offers from Duquesne, Charlotte, and Hofstra, no doubt he'll add a few high major offers to the list as programs like Minnesota, UCLA, etc. lose out on other kids, a kid or two transfer, etc.

It can be a dangerous position to be chasing Spring recruits. As "anonymous" always says, Spring recruiting is like picking up a girl at bar time. You get a little desperate, and the girl often looks a bit better at bar time than she does the next morning.

Go Gophers!!

Looks like a big slow guy playing with a bunch of JV players.

This kid doesn't look like he has the athletic ability necessary to play PF in the Big 10. He looks like the PF version of Mo Walker...without the outside shooting touch. I am sure he's a plan C/D type kid who the staff is keeping an eye on in case other players fall through. I think the Gophers badly need to add a PF for next year, but I can't imagine this kid helping.

Top Bottom