Rush the court if we beat Michigan?

maliksealy

Reaction score
I know Michigan isn't undefeated anymore but I, for one, would like to see the students storm the court if we pull of the mild upset. I think it would help bring back the excitement to the barn that has been lacking for years. :eek: I'm probably in the minority.

We haven't really had a storm the court moment. Ever. I think this would be a reach, but I don't think it's crazy to think it might happen.

I know Michigan isn't undefeated anymore but I, for one, would like to see the students storm the court if we pull of the mild upset. I think it would help bring back the excitement to the barn that has been lacking for years. :eek: I'm probably in the minority.

If the Gophers were 2-15 and Michigan was undefeated, I'd say "go for it". However, Minnesota should be favored in this game and is a top 10 team.

I vote either way.

But if the students do, given the win, then I have no objections, let the kids have fun.

While I think it's entirely overplayed these days (rushing the court) it would be neat to see it happen at Williams. I say we save it for when we beat #1 though, which we'll do later in the season against Indiana. The raised court could make it pretty bad though.

The Gophers are too good this year for storming the court. Maybe if it is a buzzer beater or something, but if we just win a normal game (even if it is the #1 team in the nation) it would be a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# move being that we are a top ten team.

If the Gophers were 2-15 and Michigan was undefeated, I'd say "go for it". However, Minnesota should be favored in this game and is a top 10 team.

Agreed. We are 9 and they are 5, and we are at home? No reason to rush really.

They rushed TCF when we beat a bad Iowa team, I say why not. It gets the students excited and creates some buzz. When's the last time they've even had the chance to do it?

The Williams Arena staff/security doesn't allow it. I remember my friends were going to try and do it for a game when were in college (can't remember who it was against) and they had a bunch of security set up at the court to make sure no one could rush the court. Unless something changed when Teague took over, I don't ever anticipate fans storming the court after a big win. I'm guessing they view the raised court as an increased risk of injury.

I can just envision the carnage as the first student trips trying to get up on the raised floor. Like a pack of lemurs on their path to destruction the pile of fallen flesh would build while lemur after lemur climbed over the carcasses of their fallen comrades... Oh the humanity!!! :p

The Williams Arena staff/security doesn't allow it. I remember my friends were going to try and do it for a game when were in college (can't remember who it was against) and they had a bunch of security set up at the court to make sure no one could rush the court. Unless something changed when Teague took over, I don't ever anticipate fans storming the court after a big win. I'm guessing they view the raised court as an increased risk of injury.

Honestly, they'd allow it if everyone just started going. Might nab the first few but once it was obvious there was a wave of humanity coming at them there'd be nothing they could do.

I can just envision the carnage as the first student trips trying to get up on the raised floor. Like a pack of lemurs on their path to destruction the pile of fallen flesh would build while lemur after lemur climbed over the carcasses of their fallen comrades... Oh the humanity!!! :p

lemmings. lemmings. lemmings. not lemurs. Lemurs would just swing from rafters.

Honestly, they'd allow it if everyone just started going. Might nab the first few but once it was obvious there was a wave of humanity coming at them there'd be nothing they could do.

Yup, they are nothing but intimidation. If the student section decides to rush the court. Nobody is gonna stop them.

Being top 10 makes it kinda weird to me, it's not like Michigan has owned us for years or something like that. We didn't rush when we beat #8 Purdue at home and I believe they were 15-1 at the time and we were barely top 25.

Hopefully we lock up the conference title at home, then we can rush the floor.

A top 10 team rushing the court? I'm all for having fun, but to me rushing the court says you thought it was highly unlikely you would win and are surprised by the outcome.

Being top 10 makes it kinda weird to me, it's not like Michigan has owned us for years or something like that. We didn't rush when we beat #8 Purdue at home and I believe they were 15-1 at the time and we were barely top 25.

Michigan has actually won 7 of the last 8 against us. I don't think rushing the court is really necessary if we win, we could very well be favored after all, but I wouldn't have much issue if we did. Still, I'd be content just to see Williams erupt in cheers.

Hopefully we lock up the conference title at home, then we can rush the floor.

Agreed, that would be an excellent time to rush the court.

I thinking rushing the court is a little over the top. Just do something simple like lighting a few fireworks.

Michigan has actually won 7 of the last 8 against us.

Interesting, I thought it was more even lol. But even so, I meant more of a 19 of the last 20, or something of that caliber (which might be the case for all I know apparently haha)

I have never seen or don't remember the student section rush the court in almost 30 years as a Gopher fan, I would love it! Love it even more when we beat Indiana at the Barn. Everyone pass out "Rush the court" placards before the game.

God I hope the students don't.

Rushing the court against the #5 team in the nation would be pathetic, especially since we are a top 10 team.

Rushing the court against the #5 team in the nation would be pathetic, especially since we are a top 10 team.

I agree. It would be lame.

I guess I don't really care either way, as I stated earlier, however, would rushing the court have a positive or negative effect on our TEAM? And I can't say either way on that either. It's not what we think, it's what would our TEAM feel?

Would it be better to rush the court after beating #5 Michigan or after winning the Big Ten and beating #389 ranked Penn State? Which won't happen since nobody is clinching the big ten with 2 games to play.

When was our last top 5 win at home? 40+ years ago? Ya, this win would be the biggest win in 4 decades. I think rushing the court might be okay.

What's sad is that rushing the court is now only okay for crappy teams to do when they beat good teams on a fluke win. What about good teams, who beat higher ranked teams to prove their worth?

Would it be better to rush the court after beating #5 Michigan or after winning the Big Ten and beating #389 ranked Purdue?

When was our last top 5 win at home? 40+ years ago? Ya, this win would be the biggest win in 4 decades. I think rushing the court might be okay.

Purdue, definitely. It would be incredible to win the Big Ten and have enough of our fans there to storm their court.

Act like you've been there. If we win, it shouldn't be our last celebration this season...

Top Bottom