Interesting What-If Scenario Regarding Trent Lockett

Reaction score
What if a guy like Austin would have walked-on for one year (which would have made a spot open for Lockett to transfer)? I was just using him as an example because we all know of Lionel Hollins (father) and his head coaching position for the Memphis Grizzlies (and his ability to most likely easily pay for one year/semester of school for Austin). Lockett would have been one of the best 6th men in the country (or if he cracked the starting 5 maybe push a guy like Joe into the 6th man spot). We all know Lockett would have jumped on the opportunity to be even closer to his ill mother. I would be feeling a lot better about our bench right now, especially when it gets to crunch time and Tubby seriously shortens the bench. The one downfall would be slightly less minutes for Austin possibly. This is all speculation and I have no idea if these conversations actually happened.

What if a guy like Austin would have walked-on for one year (which would have made a spot open for Lockett to transfer)? I was just using him as an example because we all know of Lionel Hollins (father) and his head coaching position for the Memphis Grizzlies (and his ability to most likely easily pay for one year/semester of school for Austin). Lockett would have been one of the best 6th men in the country (or if he cracked the starting 5 maybe push a guy like Joe into the 6th man spot). We all know Lockett would have jumped on the opportunity to be even closer to his ill mother. I would be feeling a lot better about our bench right now, especially when it gets to crunch time and Tubby seriously shortens the bench. The one downfall would be slightly less minutes for Austin possibly. This is all speculation and I have no idea if these conversations actually happened.

Austin's dad is gonna pay outta his own pocket so his son can have his playing time cut into by a player transfering? Dream on...

Lockett has not been that great for Marquette. I don't know why people are still obsessed with him.

I tihnk if Lockett wanted to be here and Tubby wanted him to be here, a scholarship could have been found.

Nuff said.

I tihnk if Lockett wanted to be here and Tubby wanted him to be here, a scholarship could have been found.

Agreed.

Trent's season hasn't been terrific, but MU is 12-3 with a top 25 ranking and he's a guy that's on the court at crunch time. I think any time you have an experienced, hardworking kid like Lockett on your team it's a nice asset for your team and program.

What if we had a top ten team playing another top ten team in the barn for the first time since the mid 1970s?

What's interesting to me is how much better Arizona St. is this year compared to the past two years. They were awful in a bad conference the past two seasons with Lockett as one of their leaders. Coincidence? Probably. Just found it interesting.

And dwelling on What-If's can make you "Spin Your Head"! :)

Don't be a such a c*nt Donnie. You're not the internet police so get off your high horse. You don't start threads, you don't even contribute to the actual discussions, I can't even figure out if you're a fan or why you come here? All you do is try to start sh*t with actual posters & highjack threads with your "look at me" BS. Get over yourself.

What If - The rat Jan Ganglehoff wouldn't have called out the Gophers for cheating.

What If - The rat Jan Ganglehoff wouldn't have called out the Gophers for cheating.

Well, that's all on the gophers players/coaches that year.

If you don't want to be ratted out for cheating...

Don't cheat in the first place!

I stand by that, you put everything on yourself when you choose to cheat.

Well, that's all on the gophers players/coaches that year.

If you don't want to be ratted out for cheating...

Don't cheat in the first place!

I stand by that, you put everything on yourself when you choose to cheat.

Agree 100%. People who blame Jan are very misguided.

What if we had a top ten team playing another top ten team in the barn for the first time since the mid 1970s?

Do you know when that matchup was and whom against? Also, did that never happen during the vacated years?

Don't be a such a c*nt Donnie. You're not the internet police so get off your high horse. You don't start threads, you don't even contribute to the actual discussions, I can't even figure out if you're a fan or why you come here? All you do is try to start sh*t with actual posters & highjack threads with your "look at me" BS. Get over yourself.

CRG, I come here to have fun. If it bothers you, then please put me on your ignore list. At least I don't call you childish names to make myself sound tough. Have a good day.

Top Bottom