Michigan @ OSU

GuyFawkes

Win or Lose, WE DRINK!
Reaction score
I know most of us wanted Michigan to win so we can face the Number 1 team in the country on Thursday, and I was one of them, but after thinking about it, I am not so sure anymore. Would it not be more beneficial for the gophers in the long run if Michigan lost this game, it would give us an edge in B1G race.What are your guys thoughts?

btw Michigan is down 19-6 currently, 11mins to go in the 1st

We want OSU to win. Playing #1 is nothing but media hype. The more losses for Michigan the better.

We want OSU to win. Playing #1 is nothing but media hype. The more losses for Michigan the better.

Totally agree, fuzzy. tOSU up 28-8, 7:33 first half. This B1G is totally insane ALREADY so far this year.

It's more important knowing we can beat them than playing a #1 ranked team. They'll still be top 5 anyways after this. Probably 4th or something like that.

It's more important knowing we can beat them than playing a #1 ranked team. They'll still be top 5 anyways after this. Probably 4th or something like that.

with the current score, I dont know if they will stay that high ranked, but should be top 10 no matter what

It is different this year since we're hoping for a conference title.

In past years, I'd see many of us (myself included) hoping for high ranked teams to stay high ranked so the Gophs could have a chance at an even bigger upset at The Barn. That W might help us get into the tourney.

Now, we absolutely need those ahead of us in the standings to lose if we're going to win the B1G.

Illinois beats the snot out of tOSU. Gophers beat the snot out of Illinois. Illinois goes to Wisky and lays an egg. tOSu wiping their noses on Michigan. Michigan freshman will not be able to handle our BarnYard. Wisky sucks.

Playing #1 is silly. Give me a B1G championship anyday. We need Michigan to lose as many times as possible.

It is different this year since we're hoping for a conference title.

In past years, I'd see many of us (myself included) hoping for high ranked teams to stay high ranked so the Gophs could have a chance at an even bigger upset at The Barn. That W might help us get into the tourney.

Now, we absolutely need those ahead of us in the standings to lose if we're going to win the B1G.

Yep, exactly. The Big Ten is so strong anyways, so beating any of the highly rated teams will be good, regardless if they are ranked #1 or #5.

Looking at Indiana's schedule, they've got about as easy schedule you'll find in the BT through the first eight games. Their four road games were/are against Iowa, Penn St., NW, and Purdue. I know nothing is easy in the conference this year, but that's pretty favorable. So there's a good chance they are 8-0 after the first eight games. But in the last 10, they face Michigan twice, Ohio St. twice, Minnesota on the road, Illinois on the road, and Michigan St. on the road. Yikes.

Agree, want OSU for the B1G race. Also, want Michigan to have doubts coming into Williams Arena.

Disagree. Michigan is too good to lose 2 in a row. I'd rather they be undefeated and due for a loss.

Disagree. Michigan is too good to lose 2 in a row. I'd rather they be undefeated and due for a loss.

You're right, they are so good. It has nothing to do with them having 1 good win and a bunch of freshmen on the road.

Ohio State isn't even playing good (because they are also overrated) and Michigan is still down 8.

Ohio State Choking, only up 1, 44-43 with 6minutes to go

3 point game. OSU inability to score in the half court offense. Reminds me of the Gophers,

interesting situation just happened. Offensive foul call on Ohio state, they look at it again to see if there was any "malice" in the elbow. the replay shows no contact and the guy flopped. they should be able to reverse the call give the flopper a tech imo. instead they just ignore it

Is there a more overrated player in the Big Ten than Aaron Craft? He's a good player, but I feel like many in the media act like he's an elite player.

Both teams deserve to lose. What a crappy showing of Big Ten basketball.

Is there a more overrated player in the Big Ten than Aaron Craft? He's a good player, but I feel like many in the media act like he's an elite player.

I agree 100%. I would take Dre, Appling, Burke and Abrahms over him in a heartbeat

Craft is a good player. He has done a good job on Burke. Craft is not a scorer. I like Dre and Gopher Tyus.

That would help the Gophers even more.

Ohio State will get their fair share of losses. I really can't believe Michigan is losing this game. Ohio State on their home court is not playing well at all.

In a game where both teams play like crap. Ohio State pulls it out.

hope michigan doesnt drop to far, hoping them coming back in 2nd half will keep them ranked highly, so our win against them looks good next week

The funny part about all this is that Ohio State might be top 10 tomorrow. What a crock.

So does Indiana move to #1?? Becky gets to knock them off at Indiana next week.
That's is what delusional Becky fans think

Top Bottom