So where do we end up in the Polls?

GuyFawkes

Win or Lose, WE DRINK!
Reaction score
So where do you guys think we end up, that win at ILL is looking not so great after their showing in wisconsin but still looks good in my books. The 2nd half Minnesota had today was great, and after searching the web to see what the national media had to say, most seem to recognize the great effort the gophers gave in the second half, Katz even tweeted a plea to keep us in the top 10. So what are your guys predictions where we end up tomorrow in the polls.

Hopefully still top 10. Then pollsters have a mind of their own sometimes though.

I think 10 or 11 at worst. I would be really surprised if MN was 12 or lower...But NC State is going to really jump up I bet.

Too many games left to be played. If enough teams below us lose, we stay in the Top 10, easy. If all the teams right behind us win, well, we might drop a few, but this loss has to be coupled with our road win vs the Illini, which doesn't look as impressive right now, but its still a road win in the Big Ten, vs a team in the upper half of the Big Ten. Zona and Duke lost. Syracuse lost a player. I don't know, they should just keep us right where we are.

Not to look to far ahead, but there is a chance we play 2 #1 teams at the barn this year, Michigan and I think Indiana will be #1 when we face them later next month, we off course will finish out the year ranked number 1 :clap:

We stay at 8 in the AP and stay at 10 in the USA Coaches Poll. IMO

We'll drop a little just because pollsters automatically think "loss move them down".

In the AP #10. In the coaches #12. We lost to two teams that were both #1 at some point in the season. I really can't see us falling that far.

AP #10, Coaches' #8 because the Coaches' poll has been about a week behind the AP poll every week this year. Half-joking there, but I think AP#10 is about right, probably between #13 and #10 in the Coaches' poll.

We should be in the top 15, I hope. The fact is when we're ranked as high as we are, we'll fall when we lose, especially when we're not a name brand program like Duke or Michigan. But the win at Illinois and the excellent comeback today should count for something.

We will fall out of the top ten in the ap poll

I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, I don't have a clue. Of course that is true for a lot of things.

Probably won't move at all.

With a convincing road win against the #12 team and a close road loss to the #5 team (formerly #1), I think it's obvious we *should* stay right where we're at. Or heck, we really should move ahead of AZ, which easily could have 3 or 4 losses by now. But polls being the way they are, we'll probably drop a couple to #10 or so.

We'll probably still be top 4 in the only poll that counts, though (RPI). And the MI game will give us a chance to leapfrog back up a couple spots regardless of who's in front of us.

Drop one in the AP to 9. Florida had two so-so wins. Gonzaga had two weak wins. Missouri and Illinois lost. Creighton and Butler had two so-so wins.

Since the coaches poll has a 1 week time delay. The Gophers probably stay at 10 in the coaches poll.

Top Bottom