Home Cooking

Reaction score
I know there have been turnovers, but does MN ever see this kind of home cooking at the Barn? This game is an absolute farce from a reffing perspective.

may i direct you to the game thread sir?

Lets keep the complaint threads to a minimum holers... Its been a rough game but not that bad with all things considered.

I know there have been turnovers, but does MN ever see this kind of home cooking at the Barn? This game is an absolute farce from a reffing perspective.

Officiating actually has been quite fair. Love him or hate him, Valentine is not a homer.

I have to agree. It has been pretty bad and the refs are clearly persuaded by the crowd. That old white guy called a blocking foul on the most obvious charge I've seen because he didn't have the guts to make the call. It would be less than a 10 point game if they weren't so bad.

Wasn't too bad the first 30 min. Last 6 have been brutal.

That's clearly a 3. Old white ref calls it a 2. Doesn't get reviewed. I'm writing a complaint to Big10.

Yeah I guess I just get riled up about the disparity of Charge calls vs. Blocking calls. I know it's bang-bang, but I think those could have been called a bit more consistently. We probably get a break on the 3pt foul by Dre at the end of the game.

They shot 40 free throws and Zeller couldn't get a foul called against him.

You know how bad the home cooking was in the second half when, after a -23 (29-52) thrashing in the first half, no one was talking about the refs; while during a +20 point swing in the second half it was obvious that the only reason IU was holding onto their once-massive lead was god-awful reffing.

There was a stretch there from about the start of the second half through about 4 minutes left in the game that IU probably was +10 on bad (or at least uneven) foul calls and +3 or 4 on bad out of bounds calls. Those things matter.

To Indiana's credit, they were able to hold onto their small lead in the final couple minutes at the end of the game when the refs finally decided to stop the home cooking. By that time, though, the striped shirts did their damage.

If the Gophers get that kind of home cooking against Michigan, expect an easy win. But you don't see that kind of thing in big games at Williams; at least not since about the mid-90s.

I'm smelling something. Umm good home cooking always best at home....

"You know how bad the home cooking was in the second half when, after a -23 (29-52) thrashing in the first half, no one was talking about the refs; while during a +20 point swing in the second half it was obvious that the only reason IU was holding onto their once-massive lead was god-awful reffing.

There was a stretch there from about the start of the second half through about 4 minutes left in the game that IU probably was +10 on bad (or at least uneven) foul calls and +3 or 4 on bad out of bounds calls. Those things matter.

To Indiana's credit, they were able to hold onto their small lead in the final couple minutes at the end of the game when the refs finally decided to stop the home cooking. By that time, though, the striped shirts did their damage.

If the Gophers get that kind of home cooking against Michigan, expect an easy win. But you don't see that kind of thing in big games at Williams; at least not since about the mid-90s."

If we get a large enough crowd, hopefully we can sway the refs into giving us calls and momentum. Hopefully the Barnyard will be a sell out Thursday vs. (#1 most likely) Mich, and super loud. I know I'll be there, and we'll have a good shot for the W.

It all started with Coleman being hammered on his offensive rebound early in the game...And continued with Zeller getting 2 soft calls to go his way on misses...We couldn't get any calls when we went up to the basket...Also several loose ball scrambles which were off IU went their way....we didn't get many 50/50 calls.

I think we still would have been down 15 points at HT even if the calls were even...We couldn't match their energy and shooting in the first half.

Great job of fighting in the 2nd half...How many putbacks did we we have rattle out? 3 in the 2nd half alone? That could have been the difference.

Top Bottom