Tayler Hill Show, will she announce

akgopher

Reaction score
Huge game winding down. It'll be interesting to see if she uses the stage to announce.

Hill

An amazing game by an amazing player. White and Williams picked the Gophers. It would be great if Tayler made it a trifecta and selected the Gophers as well. After all we do have the best medical school in America.

Huge game winding down. It'll be interesting to see if she uses the stage to announce.

tayler was terrific last nite...congrats to her...and to minneapolis south:cool02::cool02::cool02:

last i heard...she is down to a final 2 for her college choice...texas and ohio state...lots could still happen, though...;););)

Most entertaining game I have seen for a while. Whatever she decides, good for her.

Tayler Hill is a special athlete sure but she is also an amazing young woman, a wonderful role model and a has a work ethic that will guarantee her success in whatever she chooses to do.

I would absolutely love it if she would come to Minnesota because she would instantly raise the Gophers to a level we haven't seen here since the Lindsay Whalen/Janelle McCarville days.

Ths Gophers need her far more than any of the programs she is considering. If she chose to go elsewhere she would be joining successful programs that would be able to integrate her skills to compliment their already elite status. If she became a Gopher she would be the catalyst that would raise the Gophers to elite status. Hill, Buford and Voight..They realistically would be a Final Four threat for the next 4 years. Hey, she really is that good seriously.

As far as her father being an issue; to compare him to Kris Humphries' dad is absurd. He is simply a loving father that wants what's best for his daughter.

Congratulations to Tayler and her Minneapolis South Team. Where ever she goes I wish her nothing but the very best. She deserves nothing less.

You do know we're not even in the Top 20 for med schools right? (#37 for Research, #15 for Primary-Care)

Good stuff--everyone assumes we have the one of the very, very best medical schools in the country, when it isn't true--kind of like how every fan for every major football team thinks there marching band is "one of the best in the country".

kind of like how every fan for every major football team thinks there marching band is "one of the best in the country".

I thought our marching band was one of the tops in the country but it really isn't. One thing though, if you research the "Best" marching bands on line, everyone is from a top notch football program. It has to do with visibility.

As for our medical school. It is still quite good and very selective. It interacts with Mayo which is Number two in the USA just behind Johns Hopkins.

As for our medical school. It is still quite good and very selective.
No doubt. We do have a great medical school, but it's far from the top med school in the country as samloupete stated; that's all I was saying.

No disrespect meant for any med school students lurking here on the 'Hole. :)

Tayler Hill is a special athlete sure but she is also an amazing young woman, a wonderful role model and a has a work ethic that will guarantee her success in whatever she chooses to do.

I would absolutely love it if she would come to Minnesota because she would instantly raise the Gophers to a level we haven't seen here since the Lindsay Whalen/Janelle McCarville days.

Ths Gophers need her far more than any of the programs she is considering. If she chose to go elsewhere she would be joining successful programs that would be able to integrate her skills to compliment their already elite status. If she became a Gopher she would be the catalyst that would raise the Gophers to elite status. Hill, Buford and Voight..They realistically would be a Final Four threat for the next 4 years. Hey, she really is that good seriously.

As far as her father being an issue; to compare him to Kris Humphries' dad is absurd. He is simply a loving father that wants what's best for his daughter.

Congratulations to Tayler and her Minneapolis South Team. Where ever she goes I wish her nothing but the very best. She deserves nothing less.

The U doesn't need the headache...hopefully she goes elsewhere.

Tayler Hill Announcement

I am hearing that she will announce where she is going to college the day of the All American game.

I could be wrong but her final choices are coming down to Duke, Minnesota, Texas, Ohio State, and Marquette. She would look great in Maroon and Gold and would replace Emily Fox nicely. Hill gets a bad wrap because of many people around her like the coach, dad, ect but everything I have heard about her is great. She is the best player in Minnesota history and I dont think its that close. She is simply terrific and has continued to improve her game even when she was the best player in the state. It says a lot when the best player isnt satisfied with her game and continues to improve it.

All this talk about med schools is pretty silly. From the little that I know about becoming a doctor, you don't actually take classes specific to medicine until you've complete the four year undergrad. Sure, you take lots of chemistry and such, but unless things have changes since I left college, those classes weren't any different than the ones I took for engineering. Point being, it doesn't matter where you get your undergrad as long as its a good school where you get a decent education. Then again, it probably doesn't hurt if you get the undergrad from the med school that you apply to.

Heard from one of the mothers of her best friend that she is going to Texas. Have to say, if she went to the Gophers and led the team to a final four, she could own this town and have a hugely successful family practice - the PR would be huge. Wouldn't happen on the same scale if she went to Texas. Also heard she's a good kid so I wish her the best.

I believe she is the only McDonald's All-American not signed or committed.

Did anyone else notice after the game scanning the audience, they showed a couple of guys. I may be mistaken but one looked like Bryce McNeal and he was sporting an Ohio State sweatshirt and hat. If i had a guess and i have no knowledge on the subject but I will guess she is going to be a Buckeye. I do hope she chooses the Gophers though

There have been several rumors floating around the past few weeks that Minnesota was actually in really good shape with Taylor and the idea was that the U already has a very good group of players and recruits but no star and Taylor would be able to come in and be the Lindsay Whalen of this group. Don't think it hasn't gone unnoticed how Lindsay is viewed in Minnesota. However, there is also some buzz for Ohio State with PJ there and it would make things much easier for the family to either relocate to columbus or travel and see both kids at the same time, plus they both would play games in MN, Iowa, Wisc. close to home. The smart money is probably on Texas. Sounds like she was a Duke fan a couple years ago but the coach left for Texas so thats probably what put them on top. Of course Texas was just bounced from the tournament in the first round so to say they are elite while MN is not would not be accurate right now. As for her dad, I guess time will tell how big of a distraction he will be, opinions are pretty mixed on him.

PJ Hill was there

I know that her Brother PJ Hill was there he plays at Ohio State. I had a chanch to inerview him and he said that he didnt even know where she was going.

Did anyone else notice after the game scanning the audience, they showed a couple of guys. I may be mistaken but one looked like Bryce McNeal and he was sporting an Ohio State sweatshirt and hat. If i had a guess and i have no knowledge on the subject but I will guess she is going to be a Buckeye. I do hope she chooses the Gophers though

that was actually her brother p.j. hill in the stands who you are referring to (the one wearing the ohio state gear) and not bryce mcneal. as we all know pj plays for ohio state and had just returned to minneapolis one day after his buckeye team lost in double OT to siena in the ncaa tourney and i think he was just trying to "represent" his school while he was back in mpls.

so not sure how much you can read into what clothing p.j. was wearing as far as what tayler's decision will be.

I heard from a friend that he heard from a friend that Taylor Hill has not yet decided.

that was actually her brother p.j. hill in the stands who you are referring to (the one wearing the ohio state gear) and not bryce mcneal. as we all know pj plays for ohio state and had just returned to minneapolis one day after his buckeye team lost in double OT to siena in the ncaa tourney and i think he was just trying to "represent" his school while he was back in mpls.

so not sure how much you can read into what clothing p.j. was wearing as far as what tayler's decision will be.

Ok thanks for clarifying that for me, I wasn't sure. I didn't think he would have made it back in time but thats always good to see. Also I agree there shouldn't be any reading to be done into that, i just saw a quick glance and thought it could have been bryce and was very confused as to why he would be wearing all buckeyes stuff and not clemson

Ok thanks for clarifying that for me, I wasn't sure. I didn't think he would have made it back in time but thats always good to see. Also I agree there shouldn't be any reading to be done into that, i just saw a quick glance and thought it could have been bryce and was very confused as to why he would be wearing all buckeyes stuff and not clemson

always gotta support the little sis! :)

On Kare 11 sports tonight they said Tayler has it down to 3 ~ Duke, MN and TX. I was part of their athletes of the week piece.

"Looks like the Pioneer Press POY will announce April 1 at the All-American game in Miami."

Who wants to make a gentlemen's bet that means she'll announce for Puke? I doubt one would hold off announcing a decision like this for an all-star game if they're going to announce for Minnesota. This has the Puke arrogance written all over it, though I suppose an argument could be made for Texas because they have the former Puke coach.

always gotta support the little sis!

especially when she's way better than the older brother.

If she does opt to not be a Gopher, I personally am glad she will not play in the Big Ten where we would constantly be reminded of how good she is. That would just be too depressing.

Kind of like it would be watching Jenna Smith playing for Illinois but only a hundred times worse.

Oh For Heaven's Sake

I have to admit I'm curious to see where she will end up but if THIS girl, Brittney Griner, the number one recruit in the country, can announce in 2008 what her college choice was .. well, it just seems the Hill's are doing this for attention. If that's the case get over yourselves already.

Check out a video of her !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO-iH1UniSc

"Looks like the Pioneer Press POY will announce April 1 at the All-American game in Miami."

Who wants to make a gentlemen's bet that means she'll announce for Puke? I doubt one would hold off announcing a decision like this for an all-star game if they're going to announce for Minnesota. This has the Puke arrogance written all over it, though I suppose an argument could be made for Texas because they have the former Puke coach.

Why does that mean it's Duke? Are you telling me that Pam Borton wouldn't like the national television exposure of a player commiting to Minnesota at the Parade AA game? You must be kidding.....

Nothing against girls basketball but a single player can dominate a game if they are extreamely tall. If she is 6-8 she should be able to dominate. I mean look at Cournty Paris at OU she just dominates games down low. I don't know if I have ever seen her step out, I will admit I don't watch OU women's basketball but still. I'm not as impressed as much as I would be if she was always playing against 6-8 players.

Also she is going to Baylor.

She'll be a fun one to watch and see how well she does in the college game.

Top Bottom