Diamond Stone

Didn't know we had offered him. Is that accurate?

I'd be pretty surprised if he comes to the Gophers for a lot of reasons. Namely, our top targets are Henry and Illikainen for that class. If we get both of those guys which I'm hoping to and is very realistic, there's virtually no way he comes here.

It basically is him breaking down his own game and talks about him being a good kid. Then he says this:

"I want to go to a high-level school where post play and getting the ball inside is important. Play for a coach that is fair and where the team is unselfish and has good chemistry," Stone said. "I am thinking about majoring in communications right now."

Sounds like the Gophers to me!

Could Diamond's interest in us encourage Henry and Illkainen to commit early?

I didn't want to start a new thread about this so I will ask here. I noticed that espn also added a another possible player for the class of 2014 but didn't give much info on him at all. Wondering if anyone on here knows anything about, espn doesnt even give out where he is from. His name is Jerrelle Deberry, not much of an offer sheet, so I doubt he is that good, but would like to know more about him if anyone knows anything, here is the link to his espn page.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171109/jerrelle-deberry

I love how we are on a lot of big time wisconsin recruits lists, and the badgers are no where to be found when it comes to recruits coming out of minnesota in the next few years, used to be the other way around. Was my biggest pet peeve. Now we need to change things on the football side of recruiting.

I'd be pretty surprised if he comes to the Gophers for a lot of reasons. Namely, our top targets are Henry and Illikainen for that class. If we get both of those guys which I'm hoping to and is very realistic, there's virtually no way he comes here.

Keep in mind we will have a lot of scholly's to offer for that class, hypothetically if and big if at that we land the big three and they're all one and done's (seriously doubt that scenario happens, but hey you never know) we could have eight scholly's for that class, but we will have at least five scholly's available

Yeah, wasn't really a question of scholarships. If we have a 5 star and a high 4 star committed at his position he will probably look elsewhere.

Here is the thread I started on him a month ago or so. I made it an OT (off-topic) thread because I honestly didn't know we had offered him. If he doesn't go to a blue blood, I see him going to Marquette where his HS PG is already committed to going. Maybe Trevor's play will convince him that Tubby's high/low system is right for him.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...T-1-2015-Recruit-is-Milwaukee-s-Diamond-Stone

I didn't want to start a new thread about this so I will ask here. I noticed that espn also added a another possible player for the class of 2014 but didn't give much info on him at all. Wondering if anyone on here knows anything about, espn doesnt even give out where he is from. His name is Jerrelle Deberry, not much of an offer sheet, so I doubt he is that good, but would like to know more about him if anyone knows anything, here is the link to his espn page.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171109/jerrelle-deberry

Jerrelle is a Milwaukee kid. Played at Hamilton as a frosh (with Looney), been at Destiny HS in Milwaukee for the past year and a half. He used the last name 'Savage' until a couple of years ago. Had heard he needed some focus and that's why he transferred schools.. and is doing well at Destiny. Scoring around 30 ppg this year... he can fill it up.

Gophers have shown interest. He's a name to keep in mind.

As for Diamond, his current HS teammate Duane Wilson will be attending Marquette next year. Diamond should have his pick of almost any school, so there are a lot of possibilities for him.. but, depending on where things are at with the MU program, that is a real possibility.

Really nice kid. Great touch for such a big kid as well. Legit.

Top Bottom