Entertaining thread over at BadgerNation

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Thread Topic: How many minutes would Bruiser or Bergren get in Minnesota...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=11161180

If we didn't have Mbakwe, Bergren would definitely start here. Bruiser on the other hand? He'd NEVER play. Unathletic, unskilled, and overrated on D doesn't not get you playing time with Tubby.

Who knows how it would affect chemistry but it would be wonderful from a talent perspective.

Bergren would start and put Coleman on the bench for instant offense. Bruse-whatever would play big minutes. I think it would make the team a legitmate title contender (if it isn't already).

Who knows how it would affect chemistry but it would be wonderful from a talent perspective.

Bergren would start and put Coleman on the bench for instant offense. Bruse-whatever would play big minutes. I think it would make the team a legitmate title contender (if it isn't already).

Hahahaha what in Brusiweitz's game makes you think he'd play big minutes. He is terrible, which is why as a senior he has lost his starting spot to a freshman on a team where the coach pretty much never starts freshmen.

If by big minutes you mean 10-15 minutes at the very most, I agree. Bruesewitz would be nothing more than a solid role player here or at any Big Ten school.

Thread Topic: How many minutes would Bruiser or Bergren get in Minnesota...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=11161180

If we didn't have Mbakwe, Bergren would definitely start here. Bruiser on the other hand? He'd NEVER play. Unathletic, unskilled, and overrated on D doesn't not get you playing time with Tubby.

I may be mistaken, but didn't Bergren have a Gophers offer? A few over there are acting like Tubby chose Sampson and Iverson over Bergren and I don't think that is true.

Secondly, if Bergren would have signed with the Gophers, he would have graduated last year. No way he redshirts his first year. Iverson and Sampson played a ton at center as freshmen because we didn't have anyone else.

Unathletic, unskilled, and overrated on D doesn't not get you playing time with Tubby.

6968931.jpeg

I know they don't play for the Badgers, but as long as we're on the "What if they played for the Gophers" topic, what about Mike Muscala from Bucknell and Nate Wolters from South Dakota State. Both are Minnesota boys that were overlooked by Tubby and Co. and went on to play at small Mid-Major schools. Both are tearing it up and actually received votes by ESPN analysts for being National Player of the Year.

Elliot is not much better than anyone in the country at passing, or really anything that involves him touching the ball.

I know they don't play for the Badgers, but as long as we're on the "What if they played for the Gophers" topic, what about Mike Muscala from Bucknell and Nate Wolters from South Dakota State. Both are Minnesota boys that were overlooked by Tubby and Co. and went on to play at small Mid-Major schools. Both are tearing it up and actually received votes by ESPN analysts for being National Player of the Year.

Nate Wolters has been discussed on this board enough.

Elliot is not much better than anyone in the country at passing, or really anything that involves him touching the ball.

Thanks for the hyperbole.

One thing I will say is that Bruiser would probably get around the same amount of playing time as EE this year, which is very little. EE will prove to be the much better player over the next two years though.

Thanks for the hyperbole.

One thing I will say is that Bruiser would probably get around the same amount of playing time as EE this year, which is very little. EE will prove to be the much better player over the next two years though.

It's not hyperbole if you're watching the games.

EE is a good passer and moves the ball very well for a big man. He hasn't been playing well lately, but I think confidence is the biggest issue for him right now. That was especially true against Illinois. He's going to have some good games for us this year.

Lol. I guess I just always happen to be looking away when he's making these phantom good passes, and I turn around just in time to watch him try to force the ball in to Trevor on the high low pass with three defenders all over him.

Lol. I guess I just always happen to be looking away when he's making these phantom good passes, and I turn around just in time to watch him try to force the ball in to Trevor on the high low pass with three defenders all over him.

Like I said, he hasn't played well lately (also just simply hasn't played much). If you're unaware of his ability to move the ball well on offense then you must not have watched the team last year at all, especially when Sampson stopped playing.

Berggren did get an offer from the U. We missed on him but did get Andrew Brommer in the same class, I believe, but we ended up parting ways with him, and now he's at Iowa, of course.

Seems like there is a difference of opinion on what a "good" pass is.

In my book, there are a few levels of passing:

- Terrible passing: You throw the ball either out of bounds or directly to the other team
Examples: Ingram's pass to Amelia at Illinois. Fred Brown to James Worthy. The occasional soft pass to/from the top of the key to/from the wing that is easily intercepted for a layup the other way. The ill-advised shovel pass from the top of the key to the post (Hoff).

- Passing: The ball goes from your hands to teammates hands. The person who gets it is the person you intended to get it. As a result of the pass, your team isn't necessarily in a better position to score. (This is sometimes mistakenly called "good" passing)

- Good passing: A pass that increases the chance you score.

- Great passing: The other team is stunned and the crowd is in awe.
Examples: Coleman's passes against Michigan State

Now, based on the above, I would call EE a "passer".

Has the board finally realized that Wolters is an elite college basketball player after showing that he can also torch BCS teams?

nah bruh he would clearly be a bench player in the B1G rabble rabble rabble.

Seems like there is a difference of opinion on what a "good" pass is.

In my book, there are a few levels of passing:

- Terrible passing: You throw the ball either out of bounds or directly to the other team
Examples: Ingram's pass to Amelia at Illinois. Fred Brown to James Worthy. The occasional soft pass to/from the top of the key to/from the wing that is easily intercepted for a layup the other way. The ill-advised shovel pass from the top of the key to the post (Hoff).

- Passing: The ball goes from your hands to teammates hands. The person who gets it is the person you intended to get it. As a result of the pass, your team isn't necessarily in a better position to score. (This is sometimes mistakenly called "good" passing)

- Good passing: A pass that increases the chance you score.

- Great passing: The other team is stunned and the crowd is in awe.
Examples: Coleman's passes against Michigan State

Now, based on the above, I would call EE a "passer".

EE doesn't make passes that leaves the crowd in awe, but he doesn't hesitate to swing the ball. He doesn't always get the assist, but the quick ball movement gives defenders less time to recover, thus putting teammates in better position to score. Not all players do this. This is good passing/good ball movement in my eyes and also fullfills the requirements in your definition above for good passing. My definition for good passer is a little different for big men than it is for point guards.

Has the board finally realized that Wolters is an elite college basketball player after showing that he can also torch BCS teams?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think somoene finally made a poll a long time ago and the overwhelming majority of the board thought he would be a good Big Ten player. People with negative opinions tend to make their voice heard the most.

Top Bottom