Gophers #9 in Bilas' top 68

zipsofakron

Champion of the Sun
Reaction score
For those that don't have ESPN Insider, Jay Bilas posted his top 68 teams in the NCAA. The Gophers clocked in at #9. B1G teams include Michigan (3), Indiana (4), Illinois (13), Michigan State (16), Ohio State (18), Wisconsin (44) and Iowa (52). Keep in mind this was posted on Wednesday before the Illinois game.

Here is Minnesota's blurb:

9. Minnesota Golden Gophers (Previous ranking: No. 20)

The Gophers are big and have dynamic guards. Additionally, they are the best offensive rebounding team in the nation, sporting a 49.7 percent offensive rebound mark. Andre Hollins can really deck it and bounce into a shot. Minnesota protects the basket, ranking among the top seven teams in the country in both steal percentage and block percentage.

For reference, here is the top 15:

1. Louisville Cardinals (Previous ranking: No. 2)
2. Duke Blue Devils (Previous ranking: No. 3)
3. Michigan Wolverines (Previous ranking: No. 4)
4. Indiana Hoosiers (Previous ranking: No. 1)
5. Kansas Jayhawks (Previous ranking: No. 9)
6. Florida Gators (Previous ranking: No. 5)
7. Syracuse Orange (Previous ranking: No. 6)
8. Arizona Wildcats (Previous ranking: No. 10)
9. Minnesota Golden Gophers (Previous ranking: No. 20)
10. Gonzaga Bulldogs (Previous ranking: No. 11)
11. Virginia Commonwealth Rams (Previous ranking: No. 23)
12. Missouri Tigers (Previous ranking: No. 12)
13. Illinois Fighting Illini (Previous ranking: No. 14)
14. North Carolina State Wolfpack (Previous ranking: No. 15)
15. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Previous ranking: No. 24)

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...anks-68-best-teams-country-college-basketball

Must have been before Arizona loss? Regardless I would be happy if the gophers stayed there all year. I think #9 in the country is a pretty good place to be.

I'm assuming this was released before we beat the snot out of the Illini in Champaign? Because if not, I want what Bilas was smoking when he bumped the Illini up one spot.

I'm assuming this was released before we beat the snot out of the Illini in Champaign? Because if not, I want what Bilas was smoking when he bumped the Illini up one spot.

Posted on Wednesday, so it's slightly outdated. Good reference material, though.

This leads me to believe that the Battle 4 Atlantis lived up to its advance billing. 5 of Bilas' top 12 played in the Bahamas, including the top 2.

Top Bottom