I'm a sap I admit - I love "One Shining Moment"

97alumni

Reaction score
It is one of my favorite parts of March Madness. They played the whole song this morning before the first game with past highlights and I've been singing the song ever since.

I hope some day our Gophers and Tubby are at the end of the montage holding up the trophy :)

I can't think of a more 'sappy' song. It's bad TV.

97 - you're really not a sap unless you tear up during it...like I've done on many occasions. It's just such a special time, and it's also so sad to see the season end.

It grows old boy and girls ... Plus it's really cheesy.

97 - you're really not a sap unless you tear up during it...like I've done on many occasions. It's just such a special time, and it's also so sad to see the season end.

I was tearing up watching the 97 one :)

It's extremely cheesy but I remember staying up to watch the montage when I was a kid...I loved it then and I still do despite it's cheesy-ness.

It's extremely cheesy but I remember staying up to watch the montage when I was a kid...I loved it then and I still do despite it's cheesy-ness.

It's the over dose on cheesy-ness that makes it must see TV. There is just something about it that makes you smile.

That was a good one - I wonder if the 97 one is anywhere online - I'd love to see it

iTunes offers it (free IIRC). I have it on my iPod. Love getting the BigTen Network podcasts too... the Cheesy factor is what makes it so great. Agree with the poster that was surprised there were so few looks at our '97 squad. The Goldy part is cool though.

I hate that song and find it really cheesy. But my old roommate loved it, in fact one year he called me from some sports bar and asked me to record it for him (I just rolled my eyes and said I would).

Top Bottom