BTN pulling out all the stops for Saturday's game

Pregame on 1500 espn will start at 10:30 AM. This will piss off a lot of GHers because it will preempt Sat Morning Sports Talk with Patrick Reusse.

Really excited for this game, and the seas have parted in terms of the usual Saturday array of BS I need to do (driving kids to activities, conflicts, etc.) I am not so lucky for the following Thursday night Michigan game. I will be in transit to Fargo for a Pee Wee hockey tournament. If the game was at 8:00, I'd just leave earlier and watch it up there. But, a 6:00 start kills me. I'll dvr it but that isn't the same (plus I wont watch a replay at all it if it is a loss).

He's certainly not everyone's favorite, but I really dig Gus Johnson. He makes the game as a whole, and especially the big moments, seem bigger.

I don't like it when announcers are making an obvious effort for every word to sound impactful. Listening to Gus bugs the heck out of me.

Not gonna lie, Gus is my favorite announcer.

If BTN were really pulling out all the stops they wouldn't have had this matchup at 11 o'clock in the morning. Whoever did the scheduling for this game is a moron. This game should be at a marques time, not a morning start.

If BTN were really pulling out all the stops they wouldn't have had this matchup at 11 o'clock in the morning. Whoever did the scheduling for this game is a moron. This game should be at a marques time, not a morning start.

Harsh words from someone who has absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Have you ever heard of the NFL playoffs? Kind of a big deal ratings-wise. ESPN isn't even running any live games Saturday once the NFL starts.

Harsh words from someone who has absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Have you ever heard of the NFL playoffs? Kind of a big deal ratings-wise. ESPN isn't even running any live games Saturday once the NFL starts.

So lay it on us. What is the PERFECT time for an NCAA basketball game? Is 11 o'clock on a Saturday morning the "primetime" of basketball? I'll let you show us your depth of knowledge since you seem to imagine that you know what you are talking about. Go ahead...WOW us!

So lay it on us. What is the PERFECT time for an NCAA basketball game? Is 11 o'clock on a Saturday morning the "primetime" of basketball? I'll let you show us your depth of knowledge since you seem to imagine that you know what you are talking about. Go ahead...WOW us!

Did you read the part about the NFL playoffs? I think that was the important part of what he was saying. Would you prefer to see the Gopher/Hoosier matchup take place in the middle of the NFL action? If so, I still don't agree with your point but I could at least understand why you would feel that way.

Wise move by the BTN to schedule it before the NFL playoff games. I'd still watch the Gophers-IU game if they scheduled it during either football game, but I don't think many people in the country (maybe even in Minnesota) feel the same. When it comes to sports, the NFL is far & away #1 in this country. Don't even bother trying to compete with the NFL, especially during the playoffs.

During the BTN Finale show, JJ was drooling over being at the game as the color analyst.

NFL doesn't start until 3:30. BTN could easily have started the game at 1:00 or 1:30 rather than 11 o'clock. It makes no sense to have a big game like the Gophers/Hoosiers game start while cartoons are still being played.

Good for BTN putting on their top squad for the game, but the time is really bogus.

I should preface, however, that I am one of the few persons who couldn't care less about the NFL playoffs. Vikings aren't playing so as far as I'm concerned the season's over.

These times were set when the Gophers were expected to be 6th in the Big Ten. The 11am start shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

These times were set when the Gophers were expected to be 6th in the Big Ten. The 11am start shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The NFL can change game times at the drop of a hat. BTN should be able to easily move their scheduling around for this game.

The NFL can change game times at the drop of a hat. BTN should be able to easily move their scheduling around for this game.

While that would be nice. The Big Ten is not the NFL.

Wow, you really are clueless.

Originally Posted by tinyarch

Originally posted by josh087
Wow, you really are clueless.

I thought tinyarch had a good thought until josh087 pointed out the NFL conflict then I thought tinyarch made another good point about the 3:30 NFL start but josh087 swayed me back again when he informed us that tinyarch is clueless.

Thanks josh087

Would also require changing time of IL-WI game, since that's at 1:00 on the same network.

Would also require changing time of IL-WI game, since that's at 1:00 on the same network.

What a great day for college hoops. If we could pull off the upset and then watch Illinois pound the skunks, that would make my weekend. Follow that up with some NFL playoffs and it doesn't get any better.

Wise move by the BTN to schedule it before the NFL playoff games. I'd still watch the Gophers-IU game if they scheduled it during either football game, but I don't think many people in the country (maybe even in Minnesota) feel the same. When it comes to sports, the NFL is far & away #1 in this country. Don't even bother trying to compete with the NFL, especially during the playoffs.

Big Teen Games:

Today/Saturday
11:00 AM
1:15 PM

Sunday
11:00 AM
12:30 PM
4:30 PM
5:00 PM

Only two games on Saturday(neither competing with NFL).

Four games on Sunday(all four at least partially competing with NFL).

Why compete with NFL on Sunday but not Saturday.

I am in shock as well that ESPN hates Duke so much. Scheduling their game with NC State at noon eastern!?!? Blasphemy! Can't believe ESPN would do that to Duke.

Once the pre-game shows start for the NFL, basketball will lose the focus of everybody. Maybe an 11:30 or noon start might be a little better, but the 11:00 start is probably as good as any to get the biggest viewership today. Also, while the Gophers might have been picked to finish 5th or 6th in the B1G this year, it was known that they could be pretty good. Indiana was preseason number 1, so this is the marque spot for today's TV schedule. In the first two rounds of the NFL playoffs, there has been a 3:30 and 7:00 central game for years on Saturdays. The NFL game times have been known for years.

Top Bottom