Reusse column: Dutcher says good guards key Big Ten success, and Tubby has them

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"One of the biggest things I see is the players are playing without looking at Tubby [Smith],'' Dutcher said. "For a couple of years you would see a guy throw the ball away, and he would look over to the bench to see if a sub was coming in.

"This now looks like a team where the players and the coach trust each other. They are playing, and if there's a turnover or two, Tubby's going with it. He's a coach with confidence in his team, and for good reason.''

Dutcher talked about Trevor Mbakwe's strength and rebounding. He talked about the abilities of Rodney Williams and Joe Coleman to slash to the basket. And then he said:

"The guys I really like are Andre and Austin Hollins. You win in college basketball with guards. That's been the case forever.

"We won the Big Ten title in '82 with Trent Tucker and Darryl Mitchell -- and if Mark Hall hadn't gotten into trouble, we could've been a Final Four team."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/186406021.html?refer=y

Go Gophers!!

Ruesse writes a nice article about the U and 0 comments. Funny stuff.

If you guys don't give him as much attention with the good stuff, he'll be right back at it with the bad stuff!
(I know he'll be back with the bad stuff either way)

Man...just think if Mark Hall had played all season. Might've been the best player on that team.

thanks for info the info pat and jim too bad you "experts"waited until the gophs are top 4 rpi to let us know how good their guards are. Great Hindsight you guys

Ruesse writes a nice article about the U and 0 comments. Funny stuff.

Well, to his credit, he didn't state that Jones & Vaughn weren't going to the U & try to play it off as him just being funny.....

If you guys don't give him as much attention with the good stuff, he'll be right back at it with the bad stuff!
(I know he'll be back with the bad stuff either way)

Just read it. It wasnt Reusse saying anything.
All coming from Dutch (Who should still be announcing the games with Bremer!)

Top Bottom