I wish we had some games on CBS

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Games on CBS seem to have so much more of a "March" feeling to them. I wish Saturday's game was on CBS. :(

Games on CBS seem to have so much more of a "March" feeling to them. I wish Saturday's game was on CBS. :(

Agreed. I so enjoy Gus Johnson and listening to him though. I am glad he is on BTN again. He brings real excitement to the game and doesn't overshadow the play but truly enhances it. Reminds me of the old CBS games like Marquette vs DePaul on Saturday afternoons, the game to watch. Saturday will be THE game to watch, and the Gophers are in it.

Even better....College Gameday. Now that would be awesome at The Barn.

Agreed. I so enjoy Gus Johnson and listening to him though. I am glad he is on BTN again. He brings real excitement to the game and doesn't overshadow the play but truly enhances it. Reminds me of the old CBS games like Marquette vs DePaul on Saturday afternoons, the game to watch. Saturday will be THE game to watch, and the Gophers are in it.

Duke @ NC State is on at the same time, and that one's on ESPN, and is probably more hyped, though I'd like to think ours is the better game. I'd really like to watch both games actually, but since they are at the same time, our game takes absolute precedence.

FWIW, I think ESPN is sending a good crew to the Mich / Minn game next week. I believe Katz will be there (per a tweet).

Duke @ NC State is on at the same time, and that one's on ESPN, and is probably more hyped, though I'd like to think ours is the better game. I'd really like to watch both games actually, but since they are at the same time, our game takes absolute precedence.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I dislike Duke! Ours is the better game, agreed. The kids pull for each other, they are a team. Did anyone catch Steve Smith on the Big Ten Basketball Report tonight? He noticed it too and commented how the kids stand up and cheer for each other, this will be fun.

I wish Saturday's game was on CBS. :(

So does CBS. But we weren't rated to start the year and these things are scheduled way out. Later games this year will get flexed...

I think we got pushed to ESPN. We are on the 6:00 slot and Duke is at 8:00.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=330170135

The Gophers likely won't get airtime from CBS unless they reach the semis of the Big Ten Tourney. The network excluded the Gophers from its schedule of games announced before the season. CBS sets aside three late season dates on which it'll select a one of three scheduled Big Ten games for broadcast once we get nearer the dates in question. The only Gopher game in the mix is Sunday March 3, when Penn State visits Williams Arena. Unfortunately it'll be a massive upset if CBS bypasses Michigan State at Michigan that day, no matter how highly the Gophers might be ranked by then. Purdue at Wisconsin is also in contention, but at this stage appears to have even less of a chance.

The tourney is now split between CBS, TNT, TBS, and TruTV. If your game gets set for one of the pay TV channels, there's no provision for a local over the air station to carry the game. If you have cable or satellite, it's no big deal. If you don't, and the Twin Cities have one of the lowest pay TV subscription rates of any major metro area, you'll be shut out. Everyone with pay TV gets WCCO and most get TBS. If you have more than the absolute bare bones package you typically get TNT. However, TruTV is not a given for many viewers. If the Gophers go into the tourney hot with lots of fan and media interest and then get assigned to one of the Turner channels instead of CBS, there will likely be a huge uproar.

You mean like AXS, NBCSPORTS Network, Pac 12 Network, ESPNU, ESPN3 and All-Access?

Touché! I get that with the BTN at least it's on tv, but I thought the broadcast last night was brutal. Maybe I'm wrong.

Crap...I land in Lexington right around tip off for the Michigan game. I fear that I'll be driving from bar to bar trying to find that game.

Crap...I land in Lexington right around tip off for the Michigan game. I fear that I'll be driving from bar to bar trying to find that game.

You should be able to find the game in the airport if you don't need to leave right away.

The games I want to watch on CBS are in March and have cute nicknames like Sweet Sixteen and Final Four.

I know Kentucky is backward, but don't most bars carry ESPN?

Read the thread too fast, and thought that the Michigan game was on B10 network rather than ESPN.

I'll be enjoying a steak and beer (or several) before I head to check in to whatever hotel I'm staying at.

FWIW, I think ESPN is sending a good crew to the Mich / Minn game next week. I believe Katz will be there (per a tweet).

Rumor has it that Dick Vitale will be in the house for the Michigan game. That has to be the first time he's done a game at the Barn in 10-15 years.

Rumor has it that Dick Vitale will be in the house for the Michigan game. That has to be the first time he's done a game at the Barn in 10-15 years.

Please, say it ain't so. Keep that one-trick pony clown in ACC territory.

They are. Dick Vilate is calling the game.

Top Bottom