Seth Davis Hoop Thoughts

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
A Gopher mention. ...

"I watched Minnesota up-close-and-personal for three straight days in the Bahamas. The two reasons they're better now are: a) Trevor Mbakwe has regained most of his explosiveness following knee surgery, and b) the Gophers are clicking much better in their halfcourt offense. They have both playmakers and shot makers, and not a lot of teams can say that."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130110/hoop-thoughts/?sct=uk_t11_a4

The Gophers are definitely receiving a lot of attention after last night's win. Hopefully the guys stay down to earth and concentrate on the task at hand: beating Indiana.

Most overrated chant: "O-ver-rated!" You're just telling your team they didn't accomplish much by beating their opponent.

Yes! I've never understood that cheer and have been saying that to my friends for years.

"Speaking of which, new rule: If you can’t score 50 points, you don’t get full credit for a win, even if you have more points than your opponent. Half-credit, maybe."

Ahem. **Cough**Cough**Wisconsin**Cough**Cough**

Saw in his picks for this weekend that Seth picked Hoosiers over Gophers 70-68, Wisky over Illini 50-45 and OSU over Mich 69-68.

Saw in his picks for this weekend that Seth picked Hoosiers over Gophers 70-68, Wisky over Illini 50-45 and OSU over Mich 69-68.

Wisky won't beat Illini, OSU won't beat MIch.......not sure on Gophers/Indy.

I'm hoping Seth is off a bit on his picks...a weekend where the Badgers and Buckeyes lose at anything, and the Gophers win over a top 5 opponent on the road may forever be known as the greatest weekend ever!

Top Bottom