How many jump ship...

lakesgopher

Reaction score
If we happen to lose to Indiana and Michigan? I tried reading the game thread during the game law night and so many were just on an emotional rollercoaster throwing temper tantrums. When I first started coaching our athletic director asked "why the basketball team doesn't at as good as the band at all times?" I responded "we probably don't miss a shot with the defense the band plays against."

Sometimes the other team wins during the game, its how we react and odor one couldn't be prouder of the group representing our university and our state and I hope win or lose we stick with this group.

Go Gophers

If we happen to lose to Indiana and Michigan? I tried reading the game thread during the game law night and so many were just on an emotional rollercoaster throwing temper tantrums. When I first started coaching our athletic director asked "why the basketball team doesn't at as good as the band at all times?" I responded "we probably don't miss a shot with the defense the band plays against."

Sometimes the other team wins during the game, its how we react and odor one couldn't be prouder of the group representing our university and our state and I hope win or lose we stick with this group.

Go Gophers

What is this I don't even

Go Gophers

Ha, yeah, the spelling does make this a bit confusing, but I hope the fans realize that the next two games are the toughest on our schedule, and although I'm hoping to win both, and expect to win one, losing both wouldn't destroy our season, by any means.

Not me. I picked us to go 10-8 in the BIG and also to lose at Illini.

Great win. I hope this isn't he signature W of the season.

The same number that jumped on after last night, but it doesn't matter, the more the merrier.

Not me. I picked us to go 10-8 in the BIG and also to lose at Illini.

Great win. I hope this isn't he signature W of the season.

I picked the same, with losses to MSU and Ill. The team has surprised me so far and I will not be jumping off. For some reason I still have reservations about the team, but its probably because of how things have happened in past years, although I keep telling myself this is a different team. I am really hoping for a split of the next two games.

If we lose both the "Tubby Haters" may peak their head out of the hole...but they will go underground again after we win a few.

I picked the same, with losses to MSU and Ill. The team has surprised me so far and I will not be jumping off. For some reason I still have reservations about the team, but its probably because of how things have happened in past years, although I keep telling myself this is a different team. I am really hoping for a split of the next two games.

I'm feeling the same way. I didn't make a pick as to what our record would be in conference play simply because there are too many variables and I end up turning my brain into swiss cheese (even more so than usual). Having said that, I won't be jumping off the bandwagon regardless of what happens. They've already proven to be a very good team. I would like to see a split in these next two games as well. However, the resume they've built up so far is pretty darn impressive and I would hope folks will stick with them no matter how things go over the next two.

I think a very small # will jump ship if we lose the next two. And guess what, we are probably going to lose the next two. They are our toughest games on the scedule, with the game at MSU probably the 3rd toughest. Losing those 3 wouldn't even hurt our chances of winning the Big Ten Title, imo. But losing any other games would hurt, after those 3. OSU is no better than the Illini, and every other team is worse than them, that I haven't already mentioned. So we should win all of our home games except maybe Michigan, and we should win all of our road games except IU, MSU and maybe, OSU? But I really think we can win 13 games this season. I think I predicted we'd go 11-5 or 12-4, but I was figuring on either a loss to Illinois or OSU. There's a good chance we won't lose to either now?

But I really hope that the Bandwagon fans that jumped on after this last win, will understand what playing on the road in the Big Ten conf is like and will not jump off with 2 losses. Unless we get embarrassed in both games, maybe? Or someone significant gets hurt?! A split would be incredible, and a sweep would be mind boggling!!!

. ... And guess what, we are probably going to lose the next two.

Before last night, honestly, I might have agreed with you, but not now. I'd still take a split in the next two in a heartbeat, but last night raised the bar on how I look at this team. In difficult spots vs. quality opponents they've shown tremendous poise on several different occasions, something Holy Man pointed out after he watched the team in the Bahamas. Last night convinced me the Gophers can compete for the conference title, and certainly now there's not a single home game I expect us to lose, Michigan next Thursday included. ... and Big Blue is d**n good with probably the best PG in the nation.

I find myself thinking more in terms of, "How will they deal with the Gophers?" instead of "How are we going to be able to handle them?"

Obviously want the U to win both, but if they are good, competitive games like they belong, not going to worry about it. B1G is tough this year.

I find myself thinking more in terms of, "How will they deal with the Gophers?" instead of "How are we going to be able to handle them?"

So true, Hodger. For the first time in a loooong time I find myself breaking down matchups the same way with this Gopher team.

Top Bottom