Some advice to Trevor Mbakwe

Plinnius

Reaction score
Watch Jon Brockman. Learn from Jon Brockman.

I cant wait

I cant wait to see Mbakwe on the floor at WA !!! We are going to be seriously big on the inside.

Any bets on how much weight RS3 and Cole put on this summer?

I'll start on the RalphIII and Colt 45 hitting the weights....Both and each will put on about 35 to 40 pounds of pure unaldurated muscle and will lead the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers Basketball Team and Head Coach Tubby Smith to the Top 10 in the nation ranking and the Elite 8 in the NCAA.

And add in RS3 and Colt 45 with another 35 to 40 lbs each, and the Gophers will be the scourge of the Big 10...Izzo, Bo, Beilein, all the rest be damned.

And add in RS3 and Colt 45 with another 35 to 40 lbs each, and the Gophers will be the scourge of the Big 10...Izzo, Bo, Beilein, all the rest be damned.

I bet they are just shaking DOC LOL

Have you guys seen Ralph Sampson Jr? There is no way RS3's his frame can hold another 35-40 pounds. Colt I could see gaining some significant mass, but Ralph will stay an agile 6'11".

Ralph 2 is 7-3. Ralph 3 is 6-11. Yes he can.

Have you guys seen Ralph Sampson Jr? There is no way RS3's his frame can hold another 35-40 pounds. Colt I could see gaining some significant mass, but Ralph will stay an agile 6'11".

Well he has to put on weight if he wants to be a dominant player.

If Sampson put on 30 pounds, he would still look pretty lean. You can stretch an awful lot of weight along nearly 7'. He could do it. I think his ideal playing weight is around 250-260 lbs.

I think Ralph puts on 10-15 lbs, Colton 15-25. It's not like these guys have never worked out before (right?). So their chances of putting on 30+ pounds is just not that great. That said, centers improve greatly with time, and I think we have a couple of potential dandies here.

It's much easier to put on weight in college than in high school. I worked out a bunch in high school but always stayed around 155 lbs. After football my freshmen year in college, I put on 15 lbs in 4 months. If a guy who is 5'8" can put on 15 lbs, most guys that tall should be able to put on 25-30 lbs during the offseason if they wanted to.

I heard Iverson has grown to 7'. But isnt he already 240. Remember when Kyle Sanden put on forty pounds in one year, and then couldnt move his feet. I would be happy with 255 for Iverson and turning the baby fat into muscle. If Iverson puts on 40 lbs he'd be 280 and a white stiff. He has good feet, lets not ruin it.

Sampson at 220. 20 lbs would be great. He reminds me of Marcus Camby. I dont think he ways more than 240 lbs.

I would also love for Carter to put on 20lbs.

Weight does not mean much they both need to get stronger. I dont care how much they weight I dont see Sampson III being a big physical guy but he needs to get stronger and more physical than what he is now. I see Iverson as a guy who is going to be bigger tougher and simply more rugged. Sampson III is destined to be similar to his brother being a high post 4 or 5 who is known for shot blocking and running the floor.

I think we all would like to see them add weight and get stronger, but you are right Wolf, strength is the key. We had weight and strength on the final four team with Courtney James and John Thomas. It was so fun to see them handle the inside. I even remember how much stonger Quincy Lewis got after three years.

It will be huge to see Sampson and Iverson get bigger/stronger/better and then add the bulk of Mbakwe.

Top Bottom