Indiana Beware!

Tater

f.k.a. "Tubtastic"
Reaction score
Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! Cause when the going gets tough.. The tough get goin'. Who's with me? Yaaaaaah!

Gophs will beat Indiana.

Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! Cause when the going gets tough.. The tough get goin'. Who's with me? Yaaaaaah!

Gophs will beat Indiana.

Umm, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor bro.

God. Am I that old that no one knows Animal House? Damn.

Oh, my bad. If it helps I'm still in college and I really should have seen that one by now. Then again, this is coming from the guy who has still yet to see Hoosiers.

Everyone in Minnesota should know that reference if only because that quote was played before the ninth inning of every twins game in the Metrodome if they were losing.

Oh, my bad. If it helps I'm still in college and I really should have seen that one by now. Then again, this is coming from the guy who has still yet to see Hoosiers.

No problem man! I'm just juiced that the Gophers seem for real this year and are the best squad I've seen since 97. Who's coming with me?!? B1G champs! YaaaaaaAh !

No problem man! I'm just juiced that the Gophers seem for real this year and are the best squad I've seen since 97. Who's coming with me?!? B1G champs! YaaaaaaAh !

See, again my age becomes an issue haha. I have to live vicariously through other's recollections of that team because I was 6 and living in Denver at the time. That being said, I'm just as excited as you are about this team and I'm admittedly a far bigger college football fan than a college hoops fan (although nothing beats March Madness)

Where are the rubes who believe in this team? I actually think the Gophers will run away with the Big Ten Championship. Anyone else?

Where are the rubes who believe in this team? I actually think the Gophers will run away with the Big Ten Championship. Anyone else?

Certainly possible and definitely hoping for it. Will have a much better idea of how realistic that is after the Indiana and Michigan games.

I'll add something to this discussion. Michigan and Indiana still have to play each other twice. IU and Minn play twice as well, but, Michigan and Minnesota only play once, and the game is in Minnesota. That gives Minnesota the edge vs both of those teams in the race between the three for the Big Ten Title. And obviously I believe it is a 3 way race right now. I think MSU will come in 4th, just ahead of OSU and Illinois.

As for our 3 way race, I think the Natl Media would favor Michigan and then Indiana, but as an friend of mine who is a rabid Indiana fan has pointed out to me on several occasions now, Michigan is a rather young team, and that does not bode well in big games, especially come tourney time, and he's also pointed out that Minnesota seems to always pull off a win vs IU that they shouldn't otherwise win. So it wouldn't surprise me if we lost the next 2 games, but it wouldn't shock me if we won them, either.

TOGA!!! TOGA!!!

toga.jpg

Attachments

• toga.jpg
    toga.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1

Top Bottom