Big game tonight, but why a Tuesday night game?

Stan

Reaction score
I don't remember the last time we had mid-week game like this on the schedule. What is the reason for it?

It would be nice to send Mario Lucia home with an ugly loss and a happy father.

STrib: Father-son hockey reunion matches Nos. 1 vs. 2

"I've marked this on my calendar since the beginning of the season," said Mario Lucia, who has five goals and five assists since returning from a broken tibia and ankle injury. He is the reigning CCHA rookie of the month after consecutive CCHA rookie of the week honors. "It'll be interesting for my family and good to see friends. I bet my dad hopes they win 4-3 and I get a hat trick or something."

Joyce will wear neutral colors Tuesday, saying, "I've never had to make a choice between my husband's team before." She will be rooting for Mario to have a "great game and we tie so there is harmony and no chirping" at the family's unofficial Christmas dinner Wednesday.

"I have a sneaky suspicion [she'll be cheering for Notre Dame], but it's not yet to be confirmed," Don Lucia said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/185962362.html?refer=y

Go Don Lucia!!

I don't remember the last time we had mid-week game like this on the schedule. What is the reason for it?

Been wondering this same thing myself. How does a midweek non-conference game get tossed into the midst of the WCHA season. I will admit I have no real understanding of scheduling for hockey.

At any rate looking forward to watching tonight!

According to somebody over at gpl, the game was originally schedule for Sunday. Since the World Juniors just finished this weekend, they moved the game back so that any players playing in Russia could make it back.

I think he didn't want to play for his dad. I can't blame him either. His older brother Tonywas heavily criticized and his playing time questioned because his dad was coach.

With about 6 minutes to go in the game, the TV announcers said that during the break the overhead PA system played "Sweet Home Alabama" - that's gotta hurt if you're an Irish fan!

With about 6 minutes to go in the game, the TV announcers said that during the break the overhead PA system played "Sweet Home Alabama" - that's gotta hurt if you're an Irish fan!

Haha I also heard them say that. Ouch is right.

hahahaha, I can't bring myself to feel sorry for the Irish.

I wouldn't feel sorry for them either. I'd be thrilled if the Gophers football team was crushed in the NC game because it would mean we are very good.

Top Bottom