Who is going to the Hockey City Classic?

aevang

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a dedicated section at Soldier Field for Gopher Fans.

Also, are there any Alumni/Fan activities going on that weekend (restaurants, parties, pub crawls, meet and greet, etc.)?

I'll be in Section 309 - see you there!

Go Gophers!

Yep, several in the lower deck. Can't remember the Gopher sections though.

I'm showing up with 8 for the weekend. Can't wait!

I'll be there with a group of about 40-50. Can't wait!!

Planning on it, at this point. Haven't bought tix yet. Anybody know what the anticipated attendance will be?

I was going to go but have to go to a baptism now. Probably should be there since I am the Godfather. :p

ill be there in the bleeders drunk as a skunk. I believe the chicago gopher alumni association is putting something on at red ivy sports club before and possibly after the game? its right next to wrigley field.

Myself and 5 others will be in attendance. I am not sure where our tickets are, but really looking forward to this event. Flying in Saturday and leaving Monday and staying downtown at the Radisson. Tons of great bars to explore and the El is super easy to navigate. A pre/post party would be awesome to attend.

Bump . . .
We're a week away from Chicago. Where are Gopher fans sitting? Is there a MN section?
Are there any alumni/fan activities? (Pre- post- game Pub crawls, meet the team, pep rally, ????)?
See you in Section 310

I think there are several Gopher sections. My group is in 131.

Staying at the Drake Hotel. I'll be belly up at their bar by 11am Saturday.

Six of us are sitting in section 131. Let's just hope we have a bigger fan presence than the Badgers. Go Gophers!

Six of us are sitting in section 131. Let's just hope we have a bigger fan presence than the Badgers. Go Gophers!

I'm going to Madison Friday night and then on to Chicago for Saturday and Sunday. I didn't get my tickets through the Gopher ticket office but the people I know who did are in 131.

I really hope that the Gophers represent well. But if I was to guess, because of proximity, there might be more Badger fans in attendance. It's only a couple of hours for them to get to Chicago versus six or so from Minnesota. My Niece is a Freshman at Wisconsin, and not even really into hockey. Yes, a huge disappointment to me. She wasn't planning on going, but then said that her dorm is getting buses to go down on Sunday, and come back on Sunday. So I think a lot of the Wisconsin students are going for the party. Best we could do for tickets are Section 226.

I'm going! A buddy of mine got tickets and a group of 4 of us are headed to Chicago friday night.

We are all going to be drinking at Krolls bar by Soldier Field. Nice bar with tons of tvs and a great beer selection.

Top Bottom