Games at the Dome today

ilovethebarn

Reaction score
I was at the games today and they were a lot of fun. I had great seats too. I was sitting in the West Virgina section for the afternoon games and the BC section for the night session. I had an interesting exchange with a couple of elderly Gopher fans during the WVU-Dayton game. It started out when WVU fans were cheering for their team and standing while doing so. These 2 men kept screaming at the fans to sit down over and over and over. It wasn't like these fans were standing the whole time either, when their team went on a run they stood to applaud. Anything a normal fan would do to pump their team up. Finally after the third time I said give them a break their team went on a run let them stand and cheer. To which they responded, "there is 11 minutes in the game left why would they stand up and cheer, we have front row tickets for gopher games and we never feel the need to stand up and cheer." I replied by saying I sit in the student section and love to stand and cheer for my team. The following made me laugh. He says, "you guys think your Duke or something!!" I ended the conversation right there but my wife did inform me that they were talking crap about me for the next 5 minutes. Oh well. Maybe this is why the some fans insist on never standing up to cheer at any point in time. Who knows?

I was disappointed to hear how many other gopher fans would repeatedly yell at other team's fans to sit down. It was too bad. Overall it was a great experience. Can't wait for Sunday.

Wow! what a sad story! I guess life is hardly worth it when you can't have front row seats! ;)
I was at the games today too. Lots of fun, esp. seeing the fun NDSU had in their first ncaa tourney game and the high energy they brought to the day. Woodside was definitely the highlight for me. What if we'd had him instead of...Rico Tucker?
It was fun to see the Kansas players hugging and congratulating him after the game. Altho I'm sure he wanted to advance, it has to be pretty satisfying after years of hard work.

Moonlight you are so right. Those NDSU players and fans made the day. After that game I felt like a lot of energy got sucked out of dome. Still so much fun!!

Moonlight you are so right. Those NDSU players and fans made the day. After that game I felt like a lot of energy got sucked out of dome. Still so much fun!!

what? there was a great crowd for the evening session. enough about ndsu already. it is like beating a dead horse. people act like they are the first college team to ever do something out of the ordinary or something.

Bronko

Yes, there was a good crowd for the evening session, but the crowd energy was there for MSU and while the Colonials got under Izzo's skin a bit in the first half, the second was a yawner. It was FUN to see NDSU turn the game into a home game. And every time I thought: here comes their fade, they'd come back.
Take a look at the box score. They matched Kansas in rebounding. Kansas had to shoot 50% to beat them.

I frequently argue with the corpses with good seats in the barn for yelling at me to sit down and be quiet. In fact I used to buy tickets from an old timer and he won't sell to me anymore because the pukes around him said that I stand up too much.

I've posted here a few times about it and nothing changes. I say we spread out the student section for those seats and make it bigger, otherwise charge more for seats and take out the trash fans.

I hope it's fun tomorrow at the dome as i'm 35 rows up in 135.

The only guy I told to sit down was the guy that was blocking my view of the USC cheer leaders during time outs and I was too lazy to stand up to watch them.

Dome highlights

Besides the basketball, especially the NDSU game, the highlights for me were the USC dancers (hopefully they'll perform again tom.) and the Dayton band. The games tomorrow should be good also.

Besides the basketball, especially the NDSU game, the highlights for me were the USC dancers (hopefully they'll perform again tom.) and the Dayton band. The games tomorrow should be good also.

love them USC cheerleaders! :clap: hope they make the trip up to TCF when SC football comes here in 2010.

love them USC cheerleaders! :clap: hope they make the trip up to TCF when SC football comes here in 2010.

Bodies are good, but if you ever get a chance to look at them real close up...I think they use more makeup in one night then most Minnesota females use in a year. That stuff was cakes on like no other when i saw them walking back into the cheerleader warm up area after the game.

Like I said amazing bodies...but i just wonder how good those faces look after you wash all that off...

Bodies are good, but if you ever get a chance to look at them real close up...I think they use more makeup in one night then most Minnesota females use in a year. That stuff was cakes on like no other when i saw them walking back into the cheerleader warm up area after the game.

Like I said amazing bodies...but i just wonder how good those faces look after you wash all that off...

Have you heard of a light switch?

All this talk about the USC cheerleaders and no props for the Dayton Band? They had at least 4 hat changes, and their band director was in a full out, bedazzled suit for a while. They were CRAZY!

Looking forward to another day of games today at the Dome. Isn't it ironic - whenever it's a gorgeous, sunny, beautiful day, I seem to be at the Dome? No more of that starting this fall!

Top Bottom